PDA

View Full Version : I have Aces, villain pushes innocent flop.....?(10NL)

clownslayer2
12-08-2006, 03:26 AM
Bodog does not work for posting HH, so ill do my best. From what I have picked up on at this site, if people raise all in this quickly when there is a drawing board out there, I have been beat. I dont have a very strong read on Villain yet, have not been here too long. I probably should have raised more pre flop, but I was trying to switch up and get a little cute with the aces.

Hero is MP with 10.70
Villain is CO with 14.56

Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero raises to .3
Villain calls .3
BB calls .3

Flop(1.05)5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks
Hero bets 1.05
Villain Raises All-in to 14.26
Hero.....

Has he flopped a straight or a set? Or does he have something like two pair, maybe top pair and doesnt wanna see another card?

Spanky1974
12-08-2006, 03:36 AM
With no reads.........44,55,66,23,45,56,78 beat you. KK-77 and A7-A3 might push. This guy is probably telling you that he can beat Aces, and I wouldn't call unless I was on tilt, or just plain fed up with being run over.

larry the legend
12-08-2006, 04:02 AM
dont call

sylar
12-08-2006, 04:28 AM
i wouldn't call but only because the pot is so small. also, did BB fold? if no, then you flat out can't call.

dlong226
12-08-2006, 04:36 AM
he could be betting a hand like 67 or something. Its probably a pair with a draw. Maybe also 77

kabouter
12-08-2006, 04:46 AM
I think you will most likely see a set here, but raise it up more preflop, especially at these stakes, a 0.20 raise isn't going to get people to fold their marginal hands.

Gelford
12-08-2006, 05:00 AM
Not raising pf is awful ... that being said, I am not opposed to a call here in many ways

It is totally player dependent, but basically some donks will do this with anything .. so yes, a set or a straight is posible, so is a draw, and to is crap like AJ, KQ, KT, T9 and 99 or ...

With out a read a fold can't be flamed, but keep this in mind ... Reads can quickly change that ... always remember that or you will get pwned by dumb calling stations and fearless Gus Hansen wannabe's /images/graemlins/smile.gif (God know I struggle with those kind of players, especially when they are sitting on my left [censored] donktastic sob's

(Yeah yeah, I'm on a break from uNL for a while, but will chime in if all advice is fold fold fold and I am not sure it is correct)

larry the legend
12-08-2006, 05:15 AM
very simple you are risking 9.35 to win roughly 12....you need to about 45% to be +EV and unless you have a read otherwise i think this is the wrong time to be putting your money....im guessing you are at 25% tops

clownslayer2
12-08-2006, 10:02 AM
how many times does he have the two cards to make the straight? and how many times does ne have trash? I just get really confused that people dont try to milk their nut straight and all a little bit more. confusing.