PDA

View Full Version : Stars NL10 - ATs BB flops top pair large field

Jeff P
12-07-2006, 11:35 PM
The two players to my direct left (UTG and UTG+1) are both on the loose and passive side, although this is only the third orbit. I am not sure what to do on the flop here, if I should lead out or go for a c/r or even a c/c depending on the action. I don't think I see a bigger A here much with no raise pre-flop, and a hand with a 3 isn't greatly likely, so I'm liable to be in good shape on this flop.

I went for the c/r as you can see, but again I don't know if that was correct or not (probably not because I didn't have a really good reason to do it in my mind).

Thanks.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($9.80)
Hero ($16.45)
UTG ($4.65)
UTG+1 ($6.35)
MP1 ($5.15)
MP2 ($7.55)
CO ($6)
Button ($6.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.45) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.2</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.20, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.80.

SirNeb
12-07-2006, 11:57 PM
The problem here is that on the turn you will be out of position and you are forced to fire another barrel or you will look awfully weak. And you don't know where you stand versus this unraised pot.

This is another way to look at this. It's ok you just check the flop, but realize the size of the pot. Is it really worth going against all these random players with random hands here? A 3 is very very likely with 4 people in an unraised pot. The pot is so small that it's not even worth being too aggressive out of position.

Ok, all the negative things aside. Villian by the looks of it might be going for a draw. If you check on the turn, if he checks behind, he's probably on a draw or a weak ace. If no clubs hit, also if he's not a calling station, a pot size bet might push him out.