PDA

View Full Version : 2 pair fold

Bobbin
12-07-2006, 10:44 PM
50 NL

SB is 44/12/1.6

Hero ($108.40)
SB ($52)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.5) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, SB calls $4.

Turn: ($12.5) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $25</font>, Hero folds.

SirNeb
12-07-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't know. I don't like this all that much. Sure, there is a possibility of a set or he hit 10K or JQ or 108. You aren't without outs though. You have 4 outs to make a boat that will stack him if he has one of those strong hands. Also, you have position on the river. He might be just making a random play at you since you made a good juicy bet on the turn.

Problem here is that he made a bet that is more than the all-in bet he will make on the river. He is saying "he's all in" on the turn. Which I feel might justify the fold. The only thing I don't like is that we have a pretty decent hand but we don't know much about his because of his range. I guess read on this player is going to really decide this call. Does he like to semi-bluff on draws? Does he like to check raise on monsters or bet out? What is your image? If you are aggressive, slow playing would be a likely choice. If you aren't aggressive, slow playing to the turn is rarely profitable.

12-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I would bet half pot on the turn so i can stand a reraise. Then i fold to a big bet on the river unless i fill up.

Bobbin
12-07-2006, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet half pot on the turn so i can stand a reraise. Then i fold to a big bet on the river unless i fill up.

[/ QUOTE ]

by betting small aren't you giving him to good odds to draw to the straight if he has a 10.

SirNeb
12-07-2006, 11:48 PM
sometimes you just gotta practice pot control. Making a bet of your size is probably a read based bet, if you think he's drawing, your bet is perfect. I don't think there's anything really wrong with your bet size if you put him on a draw, which makes sense.

But ya, betting smaller give you that flexibility. Besides, betting half pot only gives him 3:1 odds, so it's really not that good. I'm not sure he'll get enough implied odds from you to make this call profitable. The cards he want is too much of a scare card.

HoldemPokerPlyr
12-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Why would he reraise you on fourth street if he made a straight on the flop? I see that the fourth street card is a club and it makes a flush possibility out there, but I highly doubt he was worried about it.

I think I'd put him on two pair here as well.

-HoldemPokerPlyr

12-08-2006, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by betting small aren't you giving him to good odds to draw to the straight if he has a 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, he's only 5 to 1 to hit the straight if he has the T, and i'm laying him 3-1 and i'm prepared to fold to a river push or a big bet if a scare card hits.

Plus he could already have the straight or top two pair.