PDA

View Full Version : 10NL... seeming personal problems with another player, what to do?

ImprovinNewbie
12-07-2006, 09:47 PM
I play 10NL at FTP and im not quite sure where to post this but this thread is my home so im putting it here. There is a player who i've started to see frequenlty who bugs out about my LAG style. I like to call raises in postion with all kinds of sooted crap and he's seen me play pot odds and crack aces and sets and all kinds of big PREFLOP hands. he is constantly telling the table im an idiot, and that im an atm and the worst player onthe site (i havent even made a hand against him) and it kinda tilts me. it hasnt affected me enough that my play is bad but i'm relly into telling everyone NH and making the table fun. what is the proper recourse... bust his ass in every hand? switch tables? ignore it? how do you guys deal with the hecklers? mind you this is anytime he sits down it starts (his favorite player is the mouth....)

themandude
12-07-2006, 09:53 PM
OBV move up

Archon_Wing
12-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Block chat and realize his preoccupation with you just costs him money... to you.

Also 10 nl might not be a good place on full tilt, as they take more rake for some reason (10%)

ImprovinNewbie
12-08-2006, 03:04 AM
bump

larry the legend
12-08-2006, 03:28 AM
block your chat or if you like to chat block just him if it concerns you that much( you cant please everyone youre taking money from)....when he tells the table you suck and are an idiot hes giving you free advertising, which you can use to your advantage by playing well after the flop with your lag style....if i were you id keep being your pleasant self and continue to play your game

gimmetheloot
12-08-2006, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
block your chat or if you like to chat block just him if it concerns you that much( you cant please everyone youre taking money from)....when he tells the table you suck and are an idiot hes giving you free advertising, which you can use to your advantage by playing well after the flop with your lag style....if i were you id keep being your pleasant self and continue to play your game

[/ QUOTE ]

word. some dude does the same thing to me when i play with him. it got to me a bit at first, but just dont bother with it. dont respond. if you rock his ass, or he rocks yours, jsut say nh. if he calls you a fish, just say yup with a smile /images/graemlins/smile.gif added on.