PDA

View Full Version : AK flopped nut flush draw - is this standard line too transparent?

CurryLover
12-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Can't find the HH, but doesn't matter exact details too much since this is such a common situation/play that you'll all know what I mean...

Blinds 1/2, AKo has raised to, say 8 preflop and got one or perhaps two callers. AKo has a shortish stack, prehaps 80 at start of hand.

Flop comes rag rag rag but all one suit giving the AKo the nut flush draw.

Do you push all-in here, or check-raise all in, or make a standard c-bet or what? With a pretty short stack like this I'm usually check-raising all-in here since I have just about enough to make someone pass with my check raise. And obviously if I'm called I'm not dead since I can hit a flush or maybe an A or K.

Problem is this seems such a standard line now that they call you down with second pair etc. Now fair enough, you're actually a favourite with your flush draw plus two overcards when they call you down. But I'm more bothered about the fact that this check raising play with the nut flush draw looks too obvious.

What other ways of playing this sort of situation do you use? What if your stack is a little smaller or a little bigger, and what if your stack is a lot bigger?

AE6
12-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Given stacks, this is an easy c/r all in. With shorter stacks, openpushing is alright, and with bigger stacks I'd prolly lead out for pot.