PDA

View Full Version : 'Recent' flowing water points to life on Mars

MidGe
12-06-2006, 10:54 PM
This could become disturbing for some believers, at least. I think we are on the verge, and if not this time or planet, soon... soon enough. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Link to The Independent article (http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/article2054659.ece)

gull
12-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Water is no evidence for life.

thylacine
12-06-2006, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Water is no evidence for life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah? You prefer UFO's?

surftheiop
12-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I dont think water is evidence of life.

Isnt life evidence of water?

surftheiop
12-06-2006, 11:49 PM
That being said, as a believer it doesnt bother me if there is life on other planets

KUJustin
12-07-2006, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That being said, as a believer it doesnt bother me if there is life on other planets

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. I don't even understand why it could bother believers??

theweatherman
12-07-2006, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because its not in the Bible?

Prodigy54321
12-07-2006, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even I will admit that this, in itself, is not all that big of a problem...

there would certainly need to be huge amounts of assumptions made to reconcile some issues, but that's nothing to the faithful.

arahant
12-07-2006, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even I will admit that this, in itself, is not all that big of a problem...

there would certainly need to be huge amounts of assumptions made to reconcile some issues, but that's nothing to the faithful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't know the original, just the translation...but I've always assumed that our 'dominion' over the 'birds of the air' included aliens...It's, you know...metaphorical and [censored].

John21
12-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Here's another article with pics:

http://space.physorg.com/news84637535.html

Semtex
12-07-2006, 05:00 AM
Before water you need heat and Mars has had none as recently as this water seems to have been flowing.

MidGe
12-07-2006, 05:14 AM
semtex,

don't overlook the fact that glaciers flow and that it could be hot water from a geothermal source, the evidence left being the frosted remains!

Semtex
12-07-2006, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
semtex,

don't overlook the fact that glaciers flow and that it could be hot water from a geothermal source, the evidence left being the frosted remains!

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought there was no evidence of recent geothermal activity, vulcanism, plate tectonics, etc on Mars? In the article I read, this water (could also be liquid CO2) was perhaps flowing in "recent years." Not sure if that meant geologic recent years or not.

MidGe
12-07-2006, 06:02 AM
It meant: in the last seven years!!!