PDA

View Full Version : Bonuses in equivalent of rake back

igbr1
02-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Hi,
Does somebody know how to calculate difference between current bonus offer and its equivalent in rake back. I like gonzo's bonus grid. Is there sens to add rake equivalent to the current bonuses in this grid? I think it would help whores to make better choice. Any ideas?

bengele
02-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Take the bonus amount and divide it by the rake generated clearing the bonus.

Leavenfish
02-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Doesn't it depend on how many times you win and how much you win?

I mean, if you never win, you never contribute to the rake.

_brady_
02-03-2006, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it depend on how many times you win and how much you win?

I mean, if you never win, you never contribute to the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

The rakeback you receive is MGR multiplied by the percentage your affiliate gives you.

Your MGR is calculated by the Rake/# of players dealt cards.

So if the rake is $2, and there are 8 players at the table, whether you folded or not, as long as you were dealt cards your MGR goes up by $2/8 = $0.25

If your rakeback deal was 20% you would get 5 cents back.

To find out if a certain bonus is better than rakeback you can always use your PT stats to figure out an approximate hourly rate for both. It isn't too difficult.

RobDoral
02-03-2006, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
Does somebody know how to calculate difference between current bonus offer and its equivalent in rake back. I like gonzo's bonus grid. Is there sens to add rake equivalent to the current bonuses in this grid? I think it would help whores to make better choice. Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the BW forum where you asked the same question. If you ignore the rambling stuff I wrote at the top and skip to the bottom you'll get a possible answer to your question. I don't think the respondents for this thread are quite getting what you are asking.

In case they can think of something I didn't what he's trying to figure out it how to express bonuses in terms of % rakeback. It's been tossed around that PR skin bonuses are about 70% non-contributed rakeback at 10 pts per $1 for full ring games.

My suggestion was look at the BW chart, find a PR skin on the chart where you know you're getting 70% and then use the amounts per hour on the chart to go from there. So if PR is $5 an hour, a site that pays $10 an hour would be 140% rakeback. I know this isn't perfect but it's probably as close as someone can get. [edit] as close as you can get to an AVERAGE ESTIMATED rate that is.

RobDoral
02-03-2006, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take the bonus amount and divide it by the rake generated clearing the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

And of course the first answer is really the only correct answer.

Leavenfish
02-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Sorry, I completely misread the post.