PDA

View Full Version : Poll: For or against religions?

soon2bepro
02-03-2006, 03:17 AM

Gobgogbog
02-03-2006, 04:25 AM
Not a theist / no religions / bad for society today / good for society at some points in history, but not necessarily in equal amounts, and I don't even feel that's relevant

BCPVP
02-03-2006, 04:49 AM
Theist / In a utopian society, there'd be one religion / good for society both now and in the past.

Nielsio
02-03-2006, 07:14 AM
Let's all ask each other; that will help solve the problem.
-Huber Farnsworth

MidGe
02-03-2006, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-Huber Farnsworth

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't push your solution on others. Practice it, and it will become evident or otherwise of your position's validity.

miketurner
02-03-2006, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't push your solution on others. Practice it, and it will become evident or otherwise of your position's validity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the Bible says something very similar to this. Did you know that? I don’t have time to find it right now, as I have to get my daughter ready for school... but it’s in there. I wonder, if all theists actually followed their religion as written... if you’d have such a big problem with it? I’m of the belief that the majority actually does (or at least tries to) but they never get the media attention.

Phil153
02-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Predictable results. I almost want to crap open my 7-odd gimmick accounts and screw with the results, but I won't cause I like the noodle man. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MidGe
02-03-2006, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Predictable results. I almost want to crap open my 7-odd gimmick accounts and screw with the results, but I won't cause I like the noodle man. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your avatar rocks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nielsio
02-03-2006, 09:31 AM
What?

I'm sarcastically saying that reality isn't determined by popular vote.

soon2bepro
02-03-2006, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sarcastically saying that reality isn't determined by popular vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it is a mistake to believe that.

Popular vote, however, can show you how people think/feel about certain subjects, and that is very real (and relevant), too.

NinjaMan
02-03-2006, 07:42 PM
I think it's awesome that people voted that religion is prejudicial and has never had any positive results. So dumb.

Oh, and I voted for every option that said religion was good in some ways and bad in others (or any variation).

New001
02-03-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm not religious, and I never have been. I think religion has been net good throughout history, but it has too often been used to suppress and manipulate. I don't know how I'd answer that with just the poll.

soon2bepro
02-03-2006, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's awesome that people voted that religion is prejudicial and has never had any positive results. So dumb.

Oh, and I voted for every option that said religion was good in some ways and bad in others (or any variation).

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea of voting for beneficial/positive/good should mean you think religion is inclined to that influence (has more than that than the opposite), not that it doesn't have any negative influence; and vice-versa.

You voted that the influences are about the same for each side.

Wex Montana
02-03-2006, 09:56 PM
religion alone is just naive in my oppinion.
organzied religion is a crime against humanity.
it keeps people from thinking and acting free.
pie in the sky when you die, so please don't overthrow your oppressors.

purnell
02-03-2006, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Huber Farnsworth

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand, M.

NinjaMan
02-06-2006, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
religion alone is just naive in my oppinion.
organzied religion is a crime against humanity.
it keeps people from thinking and acting free.
pie in the sky when you die, so please don't overthrow your oppressors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just shut up. This is fooking dumb. Obviously you think everyone who takes up organized religion is a mindless drone, and you're flat wrong. One's use of organized religion, or how they use it in life, can cause lack of freedom, not the religion itself.