PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on UB and Absolute

GGrey
02-02-2006, 11:41 PM
I was thinking of switching over from Party and taking advantage of bonuses and unmentionables at UB and/or Absolute.

I saw that a lot of people were having software issues with Absolute and the gameplay was horrible (not good), is this still true? How's the gameplay at UB?

I play primarily $50NL and $100NL, will the help of bonii and unmentionables match/exceed the profitability of Party's fish?

Niediam
02-03-2006, 12:16 AM
I have played NL50 on all three sites. I found UB games to be approximately the same as Party's, however Absolute was MUCH tighter.

orentha
02-03-2006, 01:07 AM
I would say no

The bonuses at UB are very hard to clear at NL50 level. You can get rakeback there, but i dont think it's better than Party. Dont get me wrong, there are some morons at UB, but I still stick with party

ImsaKidd
02-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Absolute bonus+RB is +3BB/100 for me at 1/2 6max (limit). I dont think any amount of fishyness is +3BB/100.

MrMon
02-03-2006, 01:56 PM
The RB and Bonus are partially offset by the higher rake at Absolute. That said, the combo works out to make it pretty cheap to play at, cheaper than Party or Stars on a per hand basis, with the possible exception of them having a reload, which Party will not give me. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Can't tell you how the NL games are at Absolute, I play 3/6 6 max, which is full of donors. Volatile though, I went from even to down $400 to even to slightly up over one 3 hour session.

Absolute has a lot of detractors, but I find myself playing there and Stars more and more.

paperboyNC
02-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Absolute is terrible. Stick with Party.

MrMon
02-03-2006, 03:37 PM
See there's one now.

Care to explain why it's terrible?

car ramrod
02-03-2006, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
See there's one now.

Care to explain why it's terrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably b/c there is enough multitabling tags there as it is. he doesn't want any more. Just a guess.

Ineedaride2
02-03-2006, 04:23 PM
I must say, of all the sites I've played Absolute was the worst as far as table selection goes.

I play six max primarily now, so that would probably help some, but the $1/2 full ring games were absolutely aweful. I remember getting excited because the 'saw flop' at a table was 31%.

MrMon
02-03-2006, 05:33 PM
I really don't get where the idea that people play tight at Absolute comes from. I see more maniacs there than anywhere else, at least at 3/6 6 max.

Game selection at times is low, lately it's been much better. Some deep pockets too, who are spewing chips everywhere.

Now if you want to see rocks, try PokerRoom. A whole table full of 18-23%. That's my least favorite place to play.