PDA

View Full Version : How do I join the Party VIP program?

gotme
02-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Hey,

I play about 5k hands a week at party (this is my first week doing this at party).

I know almost nothing about the VIP program. Can somebody give me any information?

How do I join it? What sort of offers do you get exactly at say 3/6 6max?

Thanks.

TWINUNO
02-02-2006, 10:36 PM
you need to have a $1000 a month of rake generated to become VIP.

Pat Southern
02-03-2006, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last month I had almost 3k in rake, but its a new account, should I expect a VIP offer this month or do I have to build up some more credibility over a couple months to get an offer?

TWINUNO
02-03-2006, 09:47 AM
I would probably email support.

APerfect10
02-03-2006, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is the rumour; however, I had a friend who earned $1300 in MGR and VIP support told him he was just short and needed approx. 5000 more hands at his limit (which is $25). I'm guessing you need $1500 in MGR to get into Party's VIP program...

NickMPK
02-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Maybe this question should be in an FAQ somewhere?

thing85
02-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I don't see why they don't just give VIP offers to everyone, and if you are able to complete one, you're eligible for subsequent offers. They make money on these anyway, so why not encourage more play from those who don't play as much? And if they fall short of the requirements (which many will), Party doesn't have to spend a single dime. Personally, my play volume is spread out over everywhere that gives me a bonus/RB. I only play Party for the bonuses, like I'm sure many people here do. If I was given an offer, I'd certainly consider devoting a good portion of my month at Party. It's a win-win situation for them as far as I can see. I'm sure many people (myself included) are simply not motivated enough by the idea of playing thousands upon thousands of hands at Party in a month, only for the *chance* of getting into the VIP club. Of course, if you're not a bonus whore, you might play there regularly without any sort of deal. I'm speaking strictly about those who will only play where they get some kind of bonus/RB deals.

bpb
02-03-2006, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true. I know someone who was denied entry despite having a monthly MGR greater than this for 2 running months.

MicroBob
02-03-2006, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why they don't just give VIP offers to everyone, and if you are able to complete one, you're eligible for subsequent offers. They make money on these anyway, so why not encourage more play from those who don't play as much? And if they fall short of the requirements (which many will), Party doesn't have to spend a single dime. Personally, my play volume is spread out over everywhere that gives me a bonus/RB. I only play Party for the bonuses, like I'm sure many people here do. If I was given an offer, I'd certainly consider devoting a good portion of my month at Party. It's a win-win situation for them as far as I can see. I'm sure many people (myself included) are simply not motivated enough by the idea of playing thousands upon thousands of hands at Party in a month, only for the *chance* of getting into the VIP club. Of course, if you're not a bonus whore, you might play there regularly without any sort of deal. I'm speaking strictly about those who will only play where they get some kind of bonus/RB deals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true and very obvious.
That's why Party doesn't see it evidently.

Some players ask if they will get any more bonus there if they play BEYOND the target-amount (or requirement) and are told NO.
This is incredible imo.
they are encouraging their players to STOP playing there after they have reached the requirement.

Why they are not giving offers across the board (and more clearly defined) and why they are essentially not upping the offers for those who say they want to play there MORE if flat-out beyond me.

That said, they are putting together some offers lately that have fairly decent value.
I just think they are going out of their way to keep potential profits from themselves...while also encouraging their VIP customers to play there as little as possible.

bengele
02-03-2006, 05:35 PM
I have been thinking about what Party's vision of the VIP club is lately and this something I realized. There are two reasons to have a VIP club. One is to reward high volume players the other is to attract high volume players. Because Party has never given out the requirements to be in the club or what the benefits are more than a few days in advance I think Party is using the club to reward high volume players. Most of us myself included keep thinking that the club is to attract high volume play and therefore some of the decisions Party has made don't make sense. If you look at them the other way they do make more sense. I also think you can make an argument that Party doesn't know what they want their club to be and are kind of wondering around in the dark until they find something they like.

thing85
02-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Some of this apparent "stupidity" may also have to do with the fact that they believe that they will earn high volume play without such offers. Because, let's face it, they have the best games and plenty of people will take the softness and table selection over bonuses anyday. The obvious missing piece here is, how many more players would they have if they indeed had a reasonable compensation program? Now, if this new store turns out to be comparable to PS's, maybe they are on the right track. Let's keep in mind that they are still offering other promotions and reload bonuses. I'm not complaining. It just seems that they are leaving very easy money on the table.

TruePoker CEO
02-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the insights.

bball904
02-04-2006, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true. I know someone who was denied entry despite having a monthly MGR greater than this for 2 running months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this to be true as well because they denied me and I was close to $1500 MGR in December. I play sng's though instead of raked hands which may figure into it as well.

I exchanged several emails with them and got completely insulting replies. My favorite was to try and earn 6000 party points in January and that "may" qualify me for VIP consideration for February. I somewhat reluctantly have been playing Stars because I don't care to play to a certain level not having any idea if it will benefit me at all. I'm willing to play what may be "slightly" -ev games in comparison for a defined reward structure which is actually pretty good. I'd be back at Party in a second though if they gave me a VIP offer this month. I'm not holding my breath because I told them that last month though and they seemingly could care less that they've lost my $1500 monthly MGR.

Fryguy
02-05-2006, 12:24 AM
I cleared 2k MGR in january (at 1/2, heh), and didn't get an offer. I emailed and they told me I was short.