PDA

View Full Version : Another ActBlue Page

Grey
12-02-2006, 04:48 AM
http://www.actblue.com/page/poker

Take 30 seconds to at least make the # of contributors go up.

Also let me know what to edit on the page. I can add other congresspeople / candidates as well, and they'll see where the money is coming from.

MagCFO
12-02-2006, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.actblue.com/page/poker

Take 30 seconds to at least make the # of contributors go up.

Also let me know what to edit on the page. I can add other congresspeople / candidates as well, and they'll see where the money is coming from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I donated. Can you ad Nancy Pelosi to the list? We know where Berkley stands, but we need to get to people like Pelosi.

pifhluk
12-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Sent $20, I think you should change the title of this thread too. "another act blue page" sounds depressing or something. Should also edit your first post to have what you typed on the act blue page so people know why they should donate to her.

autobet
12-02-2006, 01:33 PM
sent $25

Uglyowl
12-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Sent my $20 donation (already sent $25 to her website before the election)

Maybe we should add Ed Markey, Barney Frank, and the Sanchez lady from Calif.

Grey
12-02-2006, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sent my $20 donation (already sent $25 to her website before the election)

Maybe we should add Ed Markey, Barney Frank, and the Sanchez lady from Calif.

[/ QUOTE ]Write up a little bio of why for me to copy and paste and I'll do it.

Grey
12-02-2006, 06:54 PM
I added Barney Frank with this bio:

Barney Frank will become chairman of the Financial Services Committee when Democrats take control in 2007.

Watch his speech on the UIGEA below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-UpI1Ct-dg&eurl=

kidpokeher
12-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Great work, Grey. I found a website that may help you if you need UIGEA related videos.

http://www.billrini.com/2006/10/21/roundup-of-videos-about-uigea/

pifhluk
12-04-2006, 09:42 PM
I see this died down quickly. Back to status quo in the poker world, the good ole "no ones going to take away online poker" attitude that brought us to this position in the first place.

spidey74
12-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Great idea! Rather than just sitting around and complaining, here's a chance for us to do something about it. Just donated a little to both!

ChexNFX
12-05-2006, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I see this died down quickly. Back to status quo in the poker world, the good ole "no ones going to take away online poker" attitude that brought us to this position in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually whats going on. You notice how the legislation forum died down as soon as all the Party players found their homes elsewhere? I mean, I don't blame most of the people, as everything is just speculation right now. But we could still be coming up with ideas, starting Act Blue pages like this one, still have "Call your Senator Days" etc. I wish we were active when we DONT need to be. Right now is a decieving time, looks like blue skies, but we know this isn't the case.

pifhluk
12-05-2006, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually whats going on. You notice how the legislation forum died down as soon as all the Party players found their homes elsewhere? I mean, I don't blame most of the people, as everything is just speculation right now. But we could still be coming up with ideas, starting Act Blue pages like this one, still have "Call your Senator Days" etc. I wish we were active when we DONT need to be. Right now is a decieving time, looks like blue skies, but we know this isn't the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, its the American attitude of "I don't want to deal with it until it becomes a big issue"

Grey
12-17-2006, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you ad Nancy Pelosi to the list? We know where Berkley stands, but we need to get to people like Pelosi.

[/ QUOTE ]Well we have to draw the line somewhere. If we include everyone who has power (like Pelosi) the list will never end.

I think we should only donate to people who are actively fighting for us.

1) Potential contributors don't have to do any research or reading to know which candidates on the list are really supporting us. I think people will be less likely to contribute if they aren't 100% sure the person they're giving to is on our side.

2) It gives people not on the list a little bit of incentive to support us and get on it.

Grey
01-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Bump because of the neteller [censored].

RemyXO
01-17-2007, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

donger
01-18-2007, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This page doesn't allow you to donate any more.

Grey
01-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Just fixed it.

Contribute to the bottom 2. I left the top 2 up so people can still see what was contributed.

Grey
05-11-2007, 03:57 AM
I just updated it to include all of the HR 2046 cosponsors.

Brag: my congresswoman is cosponsoring.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/2006/07/21/colbert-and-congressman-wexler/

Moneyline
05-11-2007, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just fixed it.

I left the top 2 up so people can still see what was contributed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grey, I think having the old 2 at the top is confusing and I'm not surprised people got the impression that they couldn't contribute to the current election cycle. That's the impression I got when I went there too. I think it would be better if you could put the old links at the bottom of the page, or just removed them entirely.

Thanks for doing this.

Grey
05-12-2007, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be better if you could put the old links at the bottom of the page

[/ QUOTE ]Done. I don't want to remove them entirely because when the campaigns for these legislators come looking to see where this money came from I want them to see how much the group has raised total.