PDA

View Full Version : JJ 250 bb deep IP

Rev. Good Will
12-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10./$0.25.
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $29.85
UTG+1: $24.15
RGW: $62.85
Button: $14.35
SB: $25.25
BB: $67.60

Villian is pegged as a live one, 44/14 for a while, and gets involved with big pots with stuff like TP with 8 kicker. As you can judge by his stack size, he has been running white hot postflop (35% WTSD, and 65% W$SD for the sample)

Pre-flop: (6 players) RGW is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">RGW raises to $1.5</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.85, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">RGW bets $3</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

<font color="blue">cbet here and try to pick it up? Villian can have an UI PP/SC and fold it here on this dangerous flop</font>

Turn: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.85, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">RGW bets $8</font>, BB calls.

<font color="blue"> I lead to get rid of worse PP's than mine, and maybe even QQ (probalby not versus this opponent). At this point I am overal behind, and was hoping for a fold from BB. If not, I would have 2 outs to the 2nd nuts, and 9 outs to the likely 2nd nuts</font>

River: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($26.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $26.85</font>, RGW folds.

<font color="blue"> I follow throught with my plan and now fold UI, as this smells like AQ/AJ </font>
Uncalled bets: $26.85 returned to BB.

Imrahil
12-01-2006, 03:21 PM
I check behind on the turn. You have a draw to the third nut flush which will help you if villain has an A or two hearts.

banana182
12-01-2006, 03:23 PM
I think your cbet after the flop was fine.

I might have just checked on the turn to exercise some pot control. After the river bet, I'd fold.

IceMuncher
12-01-2006, 03:26 PM
This looks like slowplayed trips. I'd fold river bet, and probably check turn.

Mercman572
12-01-2006, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">cbet here and try to pick it up? Villian can have an UI PP/SC and fold it here on this dangerous flop</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a CBH. Here is why: You are only folding out worse hands (wiith the exception of QQ JJ, but those are a very small part of his range) . You bet and you're getting called by aces and flush draw. You have no way of knowing which one of those hands the villain has if he calls.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.85, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">RGW bets $8</font>, BB calls.

<font color="blue"> I lead to get rid of worse PP's than mine, and maybe even QQ (probalby not versus this opponent). At this point I am overal behind, and was hoping for a fold from BB. If not, I would have 2 outs to the 2nd nuts, and 9 outs to the likely 2nd nuts</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
You didn't lead, you bet when checked to! This flop and turn combo is SPEW! Flush draw got there, and he's still not folding an ace. You don't want to fold out weaker pocket pairs, which you are sure to do with this bet. You should not be concerned with letting him draw for the flush anymore, your main goal should be pot control, and trying to induce a worse hand to call a river bet while losing the least when behind.