PDA

View Full Version : AJ faces resistance

Abramovic
12-01-2006, 12:42 PM
The key to this is this is the 2nd or 3rd time that this villain has done this, and i was tempted to try something.

I only have about 15 hands on him but he was about 50/10/4

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($30.90)
SB ($90.25)
Hero ($22.15)
UTG ($12.75)
MP ($10.30)
CO ($24.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, UTG calls $1.25, MP folds.

Flop: ($3.40) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.25</font>, UTG calls $2.25.

Turn: ($7.90) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $9.90

pdoran10
12-01-2006, 12:46 PM
I wouldnt C-Bet this flop, unless you have a great table image and everyone is going to put you on an overpair and fold.

This flop hits too many hands and COMPLETELY missed you.

Abramovic
12-01-2006, 12:47 PM
So do I C/F?

pdoran10
12-01-2006, 12:52 PM
ok, ive been up all night. Sorry i didnt realize that you got the pot heads up.

I think you played it well. Definite fold on the turn. Id wait for a better spot than trying to felt Ace high. Maybe bet a bit more on the flop...

Antinome
12-01-2006, 01:15 PM
If you think a J will be good, and I think it would be, I'll call sometimes getting like 5:1, and represent backdoor hearts or a straight as well as any Ace or Jack.

limit refugee
12-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Stinks like a draw, but no way are you getting him to fold with a c/r, I'm chill with a call and see what the river drags in. Spike the ace or jack and make him sorry that he minbets.

homeslice
12-01-2006, 01:56 PM
I'd bet $3 on the flop.

As played, your behind on the turn, and at the very least he paired the 9. although it's a weak azz bet, I'd probably fold here, cuz you only have 3 clean outs, the remaining Aces.

Tiki
12-01-2006, 02:33 PM
I see some villains do this all the time. When you think someone is putting a play on you(or others) you HAVE to trust your instinct and go on the offensive. Bluff the bluffer. For myself, I felt that noticing certain betting patterns AND having the conviction to act upon them was a major turning point in my game. BTW, I only ever one-table.
With some people, you have to fire more than one bullet. Good luck, and above all don't be predictable in your own actions.ie.c-bet 100%, give up on turn 100% if you have 0 especially if your PFR&gt;10%.

Minnie Man
12-01-2006, 02:41 PM
I get in this situation a lot at µNL. These guys will play junk with 50%vol. They will call down with just a pair. Don't bluff them with nothing. You can take down most pots from them with TPGK. Make them pay for the draws. More astute players are easier to get FE against. I wait for bigger hands, at least TPGK or TP or something to bust them.

Against this villain, I would wait to establish a better image as he has only seen you for 15 hands. And...pay attention to his c-bet folding %.

Bonesy
12-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I see these guys a lot. Frankly, I don't like the raise from the BB when these guys are in position. Even though you are very likely ahead of his range, this is the sort of situation you will run into too often. If he isn't folding to your cb's, then raising these hands oop is -EV especially if he never lets you see a free turn card. Many of this species will check the turn after you check. And some will fold lower pairs to the double barrel. As played, I fold the turn.

AbreuTime
12-01-2006, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see these guys a lot. Frankly, I don't like the raise from the BB when these guys are in position. Even though you are very likely ahead of his range, this is the sort of situation you will run into too often. If he isn't folding to your cb's, then raising these hands oop is -EV especially if he never lets you see a free turn card. Many of this species will check the turn after you check. And some will fold lower pairs to the double barrel. As played, I fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.