PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6m: enormous pot with TP2K

Jigsaws
12-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Third hand at the table, everyone unknown. Now what?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

CO ($16.40)
Hero ($48.50)
SB ($41.15)
BB ($28.30)
UTG ($65.20)
MP ($50.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $3, UTG calls $3, MP calls $3, CO calls $3.

Flop: ($17.75) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $4.5</font>

Everlong
12-01-2006, 09:54 AM
You have to raise to about Pot and fold to resistance.
Hopefully the 3 checkers fold and your CO is drawing ( his bet-size is pretty akward)...

If the checkers wake up you are done with hand more or less.
The only card you want to see on turn is the king of clubs.

I hate these spots too FWIW...and generally don't take my hand ultra far - especially if the pot gets bloated.

Badger83
12-01-2006, 09:54 AM
I would raise this to $15.

That should hopefully land us heads up with CO who would then be all in, there's a good chance he is flushing or has a worse K here.

ticks
12-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Not many hands that beat you that seem likely.
KK/JJ raise preflop usually, which leaves KJ/77/K7.
I'd make it 20 or so, and cross my fingers.

Gelford
12-01-2006, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not many hands that beat you that seem likely.
KK/JJ raise preflop usually, which leaves KJ/77/K7.
I'd make it 20 or so, and cross my fingers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jigsaws
12-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Good, good, I made it $20, everyone folded, CO calls with AK... DID NOT PUT YOU ON THAT SIR.

HobbitFeet
12-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Min raise. If someone other than CO is going to cold call $9 with garbage or flush draw then they will pay a huge price. Also, it might get you to see if you anyone made a set. If CO is the only one that calls then see what CO does on the turn (if he pushes I might fold unless he has gotten out of line sometime during the game then I might look him up). To keep the pot controlled you could also check the turn, but if you have the second best hand then it sucks.

ticks
12-01-2006, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Min raise. If someone other than CO is going to cold call $9 with garbage or flush draw then they will pay a huge price. Also, it might get you to see if you anyone made a set. If CO is the only one that calls then see what CO does on the turn (if he pushes I might fold unless he has gotten out of line sometime during the game then I might look him up). To keep the pot controlled you could also check the turn, but if you have the second best hand then it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry but this is all wrong.
"If someone other than CO is going to cold call $9 with garbage or flush draw then they will pay a huge price."
No, they will pay a tiny price relative to pot size, and will be correct in calling with lots of crap.
The CO will get a ridiculously low price if he is drawing - which is likely.
(the fact that he actually had ugh AK is not relevant)

Minraising can be a fine play in certain situations, but this is not it at all.

Fiksdal
12-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Ticks, don't be so harsh, saying it is ALL wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

if you have the second best hand then it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is defineatley true.

Edit: Hobbit, you probably didn't look properly at CO's stack size.