PDA

View Full Version : $10 PS (6 Max) KK vs Calling Station

Badger83
12-01-2006, 09:03 AM
About 10th hand at table so no good reads, however so far CO seems to be pretty weak and a bit of a calling station.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($7.80)
Button ($10.23)
Hero ($10)
BB ($6.08)
UTG ($14.75)
UTG+1 ($5)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
2 folds, CO raises $0.10, 1 folds, Hero raise $0.50, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.05) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero bets to $1, CO calls $1

Turn: ($3.05) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
Hero ?

My question is do i slow down here? What am I ahead of, and am I ahead often enough to keep betting?

kitaristi0
12-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Check/fold.

bozzer
12-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Not to steal your post, but I just played a very similar hand:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($5.08)
Button ($1.52)
SB ($0.89)
BB ($9.19)
Hero ($5.08)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, BB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.97) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.97) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, Hero?.

Final Pot: $1.97

I checked the turn knowing I was setting myself up for the river to be bet at me (fimbulwinter), but I just couldn't deal with the high card pairing.

Should I have slowed it down on the turn?

Badger83
12-01-2006, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You don't see KQ, AQ, QT or even hands like TT etc. as part of his range? As I say he was a bit of a calling station (e.g. called someone down earlier with A high)

Badger83
12-01-2006, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to steal your post, but I just played a very similar hand:

[/ QUOTE ]

The more the merrier

I don't think you can slow down on the turn, i'd 3/4 pot it intending to fold to a raise and then (if checked to) check behind on the river, and fold to a decent river bet.

As played it's tough, I don't see what you beat apart from a busted draw. But I would call anyway.

bozzer
12-01-2006, 09:20 AM
The way I'd normally play OP's hand is to 1/2 pot the turn: blocking a raise unless they're ahead (or very clever), and possibly causing a fold due to the 3-flush on the board.

But I am too aggressive with one pair.

kitaristi0
12-01-2006, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You don't see KQ, AQ, QT or even hands like TT etc. as part of his range? As I say he was a bit of a calling station (e.g. called someone down earlier with A high)

[/ QUOTE ]

They might well be, but they aren't calling a turn bet and you're OOP with two streets to go so check/calling and then playing the river is gonna suck balls with you making all the hard decisions and thus all the mistakes.

If he really is the type to call down with ace-high then bet the turn maybe 2/3 pot and bet the river for maybe 1/2 pot.

Badger83
12-01-2006, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he really is the type to call down with ace-high then bet the turn maybe 2/3 pot and bet the river for maybe 1/2 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is pretty much what I did

Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00

River: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero ?

What now? If I check and he bets do I call?

ama0330
12-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Bozzer your hand is totally different, as in the OP's hand, the turn card meant that just about every hand which villain would have called with is now way ahead of us. I think that yeah sure he could have one of the hands which we are ahead of, but a bet is probably folding them out and a call means you are even more lost.

Id check the turn. If he bets anywhere near pot, I'd fold. If he checks behind, cc river, but really be willing to let this one go.

Badger83
12-01-2006, 09:46 AM
well I was indeed hopelessly lost by the river and decided that he didnt have a great deal left anyway, and I thought he would have played AQ, KQ etc the same so I bet $4. He called and showed J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Another expensive lesson in getting too attached to my big pairs lol.

Thanks for your thoughts

Supwithbates
12-01-2006, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well I was indeed hopelessly lost by the river and decided that he didnt have a great deal left anyway, and I thought he would have played AQ, KQ etc the same so I bet $4. He called and showed J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Another expensive lesson in getting too attached to my big pairs lol.

Thanks for your thoughts

[/ QUOTE ]
J/images/graemlins/heart.gif in the pocket and J/images/graemlins/heart.gif on the flop
rigged

Man of Means
12-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Oops, your hand just became a bluff catcher. Calling stations don't bluff enough to try catching them here.

Check and hope for a free K on the river. if villain sprouts a sack and decides to make a real bet, applaud and fold.

RollTide77
12-01-2006, 03:26 PM
I lead the turn and represent the J. If he calls I know what he has (or he's an idiot) and I fold. I'll win 2 out of 3.