PDA

View Full Version : FTP $10NL 6 MAX Overpair with QQ

DeuceSeven
12-01-2006, 04:46 AM
No real reads on villain, she overplayed a couple of hands, how is my line here on the flop? In 77 hands she is 35/14/1.2

I figure villain has 7x, JJ-88 enough to push here.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $7.35
CO: $8.30
Button: $6.05
SB: $3.35
Hero: $8.75

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.6</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.3, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1.6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $8.15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $6.1</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.45 returned to Hero.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($16.7, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $16.7)

River: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($16.7, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $16.7)

Results:
Final pot: $16.7

DXX
12-01-2006, 05:10 AM
this is marginal because of villain's pfr %. He's probably raising JJ-88 pf IMO. He prob raises 77 pf too.

Once ur raised its tough to continue since ur hand is very transparent from then on.

u raised from the BB, then pushed over a raise on the flop. Easy to put u on a hand and i dont think JJ-88/7x is calling ur push

I prob check this flop oop for control but this is a very marginal spot and i dont think other lines are much better or worse than urs

DeuceSeven
12-01-2006, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is marginal because of villain's pfr %. He's probably raising JJ-88 pf IMO. He prob raises 77 pf too.

Once ur raised its tough to continue since ur hand is very transparent from then on.

u raised from the BB, then pushed over a raise on the flop. Easy to put u on a hand and i dont think JJ-88/7x is calling ur push

I prob check this flop oop for control but this is a very marginal spot and i dont think other lines are much better or worse than urs

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I check here? I've got QQ. I think once I bet and get raised alarm bells should be going off. I can't fold to a minraise so my line should be check/(call a small turn bet). I was tilting a bit here when my TT got cracked by a donks 77 when we got it all in preflop after getting pounded on by flopping 4 overpairs to sets in my 400+ hands tonite.

Sir Winalot
12-01-2006, 06:35 AM
I would usually call flop to re-evaluate.

ama0330
12-01-2006, 07:22 AM
No way is your push being called by a worse hand on this flop, ever - its bone dry. Nor are you getting a better hand to fold. But at the same time, you cant just be folding QQ here. Id call the minraise, then lead for 3/4 on the brick turn. THEN if you are raised, you can safely get away.

Minraising is seriously dirty and I hate it, but don't be afraid to hit back on the turn. Bet call then lead the turn is a quite aggressive line and if nothing else it will tell you that villain must have a hand to call, and must have a real hand to raise. The pot on the turn would be like $4 so lead for $3. Sure, you lose $5 if you are raised this way, but its better than losing $10, right?

The shove is no good here IMO.