PDA

View Full Version : UB 6m 10 NL - faced AI with AK on a drawy board

Crimsonjade
12-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Hand #37040977-9110 at Antioch (No Limit Hold'em)
Started at 30/Nov/06 22:43:00

My notes have this guy sLAG (a maniac maybe?) as he is aggressively betting TPMK or second pair.

SB is at seat 0 with $7.61. - misleading as he just donked a set from the MP
BB is at seat 1 with $4.80.
UTG is at seat 2 with $9.10.
MP is at seat 3 with $6.
Hero is at seat 4 with $11.23.
Button is at seat 5 with $9.36.
The button is at seat 5.

Hero: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif

Pre-flop:

UTG calls. 1 fold. Hero raises to $.45. 1 fold. SB calls. 1 fold. UTG calls.

Flop (board: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif):

SB $1.45. 1 fold. Hero raises to $3.50. SB calls.

Turn (board: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif):

SB all-in for $3.66. Hero calls.

River (board: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif):

(no action in this round)

pot of $15.77.

The flop bet seemed too high to me if he really flopped the straight. My thought was to raise to see if he had flopped the straight. Is that right since my notes show him as such "crazy" player?

On the river he open pushes, but the 4 was very unlikely to help him in my opinion. This looks like a bluff to me.

P.S. I checked the hand converters in the FAQ and tried them all but none seem to want to convert my UB HH. Is there a forum devoted to that or can someone confirm if one works for their UB HH's?

Shaddux
12-01-2006, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My thought was to raise to see if he had flopped the straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a bad idea. The flop is scary enough that virtually all worse hands are folding, and we are just getting information that we don't need (i.e., whether or not villain has a better hand on the flop). We are forcing him to play perfectly against us.

[ QUOTE ]
On the river he open pushes, but the 4 was very unlikely to help him in my opinion. This looks like a bluff to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is another bad idea. You raised the flop for info, and when he called, YOU GOT TEH INFO. So he open shoves the turn when a blank comes. While you are correct in that the 4 most likely didn't help his hand, it doesn't really matter because you were probably killed on the flop.

Crimsonjade
12-01-2006, 01:21 AM
I figured I was justified because he was playing badly. However, I guess I should not play badly myself in return.

john voight
12-01-2006, 01:46 AM
shaddux, what would you do on flop? call? or fold?
what would you do on turn? facing a 2.50$ bet? (assuming you call flop)

Check_The_Nuts
12-01-2006, 01:49 AM
don't fold turn for less than a half pot bet.

Flop raise is really ugly. Your overplaying AKo pretty badly here. Flop call is marginal, and flop raise is downright ugly.

some sort of hand range on him would be nice. Any guess as to his VPIP?

just going to add that this hand is highly situational to villian. It really depends for me on what his betting frequencies on the turn are whether I call a full pot on the turn, or half pot on the turn, etc.

I probably wouldn't bet turn if checked to. Flame me if you want, idc.

Crimsonjade
12-01-2006, 03:17 AM
I couldn't put him on a range because he was all over the place. I don't have pokertracker at the moment, so I am unsure his VPIP.

I saw him call a 4xBB pre-flop reraise with Q10 offsuit and call two overbets despite an A hitting the turn.

Right before this hand, I saw him call a 5xBB pre-flop raise with 10J (I cannot remember if sooted or not) hit second pair with 10, bet it out twice and suck out with a 10 on the river.

In my hand, he turned over Q9o.

DXX
12-01-2006, 04:11 AM
yeah i wanna know how to post UB HH's too. When i had PT installed i just copied the hand from the database and it worked. But str8 from the HH window it doesnt for some reason