PDA

View Full Version : Too tight with QQ?

Pythuz
11-30-2006, 10:40 PM
I know effectively nothing about villain, I've only played about 30 hands here and he's at 25.8 / 9.7. He also hasn't done anything that I've taken notice of.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $55.45
UTG+1: $29.90
CO: $28.40
Button: $23.80
Hero: $37.55
BB: $14

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $8.1</font>, CO folds, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $5.1 returned to UTG+1.

Results:
Final pot: $7.1

When I raise pf I'm obviously hoping for a fold so that I can just take the pot down right away. I really don't want to play a pot this big out of position when I know my opp. is going to effectively push almost any flop.

Should I be just calling pf here to play a smaller pot?

Shaddux
11-30-2006, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I raise pf I'm obviously hoping for a fold so that I can just take the pot down right away.

[/ QUOTE ]
?

Pythuz
11-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Would I really want to play a pot out of position here? I mean, I'm not upset if I get a call but I'd rather just take the pot now. Is this a lot more weak-tight than I should be thinking?

ImprovinNewbie
11-30-2006, 10:50 PM
with no read i push here.... i play 10NL. i am out of position and wan to get the hand done so no overs can make me nervous on the flop... i dunno.... 3 bet when you have queens OOP, sick.

ImprovinNewbie
11-30-2006, 10:52 PM
yes... you would love a call from lots of hands that you beat like jacks and such and a few babies to come and then you're golden... even better, it come QUEEN hi and you stack aces

Pythuz
11-30-2006, 10:53 PM
But why push? It seems that in that case I'm folding out most hands that I beat.

Shaddux
11-30-2006, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would I really want to play a pot out of position here? I mean, I'm not upset if I get a call but I'd rather just take the pot now. Is this a lot more weak-tight than I should be thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this view is way too weak-tight. You have the 3rd best hand in Unlimited Texas Hold Them. Play it.

Pythuz
11-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm certainly aware that I have a very strong hand, but how strong is it when its three bet back to me and I was the out of position re-raiser.

Certainly I'm losing out here if my opponent is doing this with JJ or TT or is really anxious to build a pot with something like AK. But is it worth it to play a hand that I can get trapped with out of position here.

Possibly this is just a case of giving my opponents too much credit at this level?

Leviathan101
11-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Third best hand is AKs. At least in a heads up scenario.

You are playing Queens, Wayyyyyyyyyy too scared. Your hand is good on about 80% of all possible flops, and you'll probably get some more people to tag along.

Shaddux
11-30-2006, 11:01 PM
He seems pretty nitty, so I guess a fold isn't bad.

Your play isn't necessarily what's too weak tight--it's your view of the situation.

Pythuz
11-30-2006, 11:07 PM
I understand what your saying.

Possibly I stated what I felt a little too strongly in the OP. I do feel that a fold isn't bad here though since I know that I'm losing my entire stack on any non A non K flop when I'm up against AA KK or any set. (not including when I make mine of course)

The reason being that if I lead any non A non K board and get reraised I'm commited to putting my whole stack in.

Now, possibly I make that value back when my opp. gets it all in with me with a JJ or TT overpair or something like that. Does this happen often enough for this to be correct?

Ra_
11-30-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm gonna be the antogonist here.

I like this play. You dont have odds to play for a set and villan has KK+ here almost always. i'd be more inclined to call if he pushed, but would still fold readless.

Doesn't matter that its the 3rd best hand, it matters that its the worst hand about 75% of the time and can't get away on many flops if you do call.

SpecT
12-01-2006, 12:31 AM
yeah i like the fold here ur usually up against aces or kings, maybe a coinflip with AK... gw

Shaddux
12-01-2006, 01:15 AM
Just to clarify, when I pointed out that QQ is 3rd best hand, "play it" or whatever, I was not specifically referring to this hand. I was mostly criticizing OP's desire to win the pot pf right away, rather than playing hands like QQ OOP.

Kmon
12-01-2006, 01:22 AM
I wouldve went all in and see what happend, that's why im' playing .01/.02 right now.

DXX
12-01-2006, 04:26 AM
why are u happy to take it down pf with a raise? you can do that with ATC

tough spot w/ QQ but probably a fold. Also, i dont think re-raising with QQ oop is much better than calling. It might even be worse against a good % of players

ama0330
12-01-2006, 07:30 AM
This hand was played immaculately. I don't go in with Queens without a sick read.

To all those saying that a 3bet with QQ is wrong, WOW. The 3bet is for value as much as anything else, and OP, you want callers! But obv when you are shoved over you basically have to fold without reads as this is AA/KK 90% of the time.