PDA

View Full Version : Hand 1: (.25/.50 6 max) KK in SB 200 big blinds deep

11-30-2006, 08:57 PM
I’m at work so don’t have hand history, but it went something like this…

Hero (SB) $110
BB $50
UTG $50
MP $50
CO $50
Villain (Button) $140

I have less than 100 hands on Villain. He is a solid TAG who is capable of making a move at a big pot. He has been playing aggressively at the blinds, I have only reraised his blind steal once and he folded.

I have been playing TAG, have been caught bluffing at a couple of pots and have made some pretty marginal calls.

I have K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif in SB

UTG fold
MP limp
CO fold
Villain raise to $2.50
Hero reraise to $6
BB fold

MP folds, villain calls without hesitation. POT: $13

FLOP: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets $10
Villain raises to $25 (again no hesitation)
Hero? What is villains range here? I pushed here…

thac
11-30-2006, 09:16 PM
I would raise to 7.5 here preflop, raising to 6 is really small.

I would at least call the flop. His raise is so small that you're almost forced to call, I would check/call down if he's been seen making moves at big pots. I dunno what I would do if the turn was a spade though, as he could have A/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif or even A/images/graemlins/spade.gifQx ... This spot really confuses me so I'll let someone else reply, but I would raise more preflop and call his bet on flop.

Waingro
11-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Raise much more pf, a pot sized raise is $8.5 and I think that is a good number in this spot. Bet a little less on the flop, no need to pull out the big guns. You have made a very good job of representing a big pair (mini-raise pf, big bet on the flop) that is trying to pound him to fold and still he raises. This is an insta-muck, your reverse implied odds are huge.

I think that in this particular spot villain is less likely than usual to pull this mini-raise crap with tpgk so instead his range is more weighted towards bluffs/monsters and against that range a push doesn´t look so hot. You could call and check turn to see what he does but what do you do if he bets something like $15 into a $60 pot? The pot odds are even better now. I think you can safely disregard pot odds on the flop, they don´t mean a thing oop with two streets to go.

Leviathan101
11-30-2006, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't push here. You're crushed by EVERYTHING that calls except AQs, which is still coinflipping. As Jim said your reversed implied odds are ridiculous. The pot is growing out of control and by the river you're looking at AI bets. You don't want to be AI with a single pair when you're 200bb deep. unless its preflop and you have AA. I don't felt KK 200bb deep preflop.
It sucks but you must fold.

Shaddux
11-30-2006, 11:10 PM
He could easily have AQ or AK, but I think you are beat most of the time.

12-01-2006, 01:59 AM
This hand and hand 2 (link below)are actually the same hand (i changed a couple of things so it wasn't so obvious).

I am hero in this hand and villain in hand 2. I posted both sides because i thought we both played this hand bad. thanks for the advice

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post8238969 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=microplnl&Number=8238969& Searchpage=1&Main=8238969&Words=+55555&topic=&Sear ch=true#Post8238969)

Results are irrelevant but, turn and river were blanks and KK stood up.