PDA

View Full Version : AQ and I really cant see what I'm beating

ama0330
11-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $49.80
CO: $54.65
ama: $57.25
SB: $49.50
BB: $46.20

Pre-flop: (5 players) ama is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">ama raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">ama bets $5</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($16.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, ama checks.

River: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($16.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $13</font>, ama folds.
Uncalled bets: $13 returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: $16.75

Suggestions welcome for all streets. No reads on villain.

Imrahil
11-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I may bet the turn $10 or so. If he raises then I fold, if he calls I fold to any river bet or check behind. I think you played it well though. The only problem is that he may be betting AT or lower here.

Crunchii
11-30-2006, 07:45 PM
I like it!

ama0330
11-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Who leads the turn and why? Or why not?

absoludicrous
11-30-2006, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who leads the turn and why? Or why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't lead the turn here. What's he calling with that doesn't beat you? A [censored] ace, possibly, but we can take it on the river too. I think you played it fine.

anegym
11-30-2006, 08:00 PM
I think the turn check is fine, because then he may bet the river, either as a bluff or with AT-. Since you checked the turn I think you have to call the river and that it is a good call!

absoludicrous
11-30-2006, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the turn check is fine, because then he may bet the river, either as a bluff or with AT-. Since you checked the turn I think you have to call the river and that it is a good call!

[/ QUOTE ]

With no reads on villain (you need to start posting PaHUD stats, whatever, at least something to go off of) how can you stick him on AT? I mean, don't you think your average donk would be raising this flop with an TPGK? I do.

This feels like a line taken by a flush. He check/calls flop. Hits the turn, looking to check/raise. And finally leads river because he sees you're playing passive, and doesn't want to check it down. Also, hoping you'll call with a lone ace.

anegym
11-30-2006, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

With no reads on villain (you need to start posting PaHUD stats, whatever, at least something to go off of) how can you stick him on AT? I mean, don't you think your average donk would be raising this flop with an TPGK? I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I dont thing an average donk is raising here very often with a worse A.

[ QUOTE ]

This feels like a line taken by a flush. He check/calls flop. Hits the turn, looking to check/raise. And finally leads river because he sees you're playing passive, and doesn't want to check it down. Also, hoping you'll call with a lone ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes he will have the flush. But I think it is a bluff or AT- often enough to make the river call EV+

absoludicrous
11-30-2006, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes he will have the flush. But I think it is a bluff or AT- often enough to make the river call EV+

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're wrong. But you could be correct.

kaz2107
11-30-2006, 09:08 PM
i think u played it perfect.

betting the turn sux imo. there is absolutly no reason to do that. it will just make all the hands we r already have dominated fold and any hand we have crushed reraises us and we have to fold n e wayz.checking is right

orange
11-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Turn is check. I'd put his range favored alot more toward 2p/etc instead of a flush given PF action. You can check the flop sometimes too. I actually don't really see any reasons why we should bet this turn really, but meh.

River, probably a good fold. The river card sucks alot (J) as we now only really beat AT &gt; as far as weaker aces. If it had been a blank, I might call.

kaz2107
11-30-2006, 09:11 PM
yea if the river is a blank this is much closer imo. i think it then turns into a call as i think a pretty big part of his range is AJ.

11-30-2006, 09:39 PM
If i'm villain, i don't need much of a hand to bet the river on that board once you have checked the turn.

i would probably call, very read dependent though.

ama0330
12-01-2006, 03:42 AM
Thanks everyone.

pdoran10
12-01-2006, 03:54 AM
meh i bet the turn to make my decision on the river super easy, you would be surprised at how many villans have a weak ace on the flop.

you know most reasonable villans will lead this river with almost any pair (and no pair for that matter) if you check behind on the turn.

I like bet the turn and play poker.
Stong read on villan would really help you decision here too.