PDA

View Full Version : $50 NL JJ in the BB flopped set so confused.

toomuchforu
11-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Sorry no HH
Villain is pretty aggro. I have played with him more than a few times in the past and now he frequently plays higher limits from what I gather. Two hands eaerlier i folded AQo preflop fairly quickly to him after he reraised me (squeeze?) out of the BB after i lead for $1.75 and button (kind of LAggy) called.

so here's how this went. utg folds, UtG+1 calls, <font color="red"> villain raises to $2.5 </font> four folds, i look at JJ in the BB and call. Utg+1 limper calls.
I have played a lot with UTG+1 as well and pretty much assume that he playing somethign like 9Ts or TJs, maybe smaller pair but less likely.
I give a fairly decent hand to villain because of the size of the raise. It is more than the current table standard, even with one limper, and he usually doesn't commit too much preflop. So i am giving him 99+, Ako, AJs+ and not really much else.
flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red"> villain leads $5.5 </font>, i think for 30 seconds or so while counting my stack after the bet and push, UTG+1 folds, villain calls.
i pause for a few seconds because i don't know whether to lead or c/r. I don't really want to see another card without putting it all in right now, and i can pretty much assume that at least villain, if not maybe Utg+1 will be leading this flop, giving me plenty of room for a c/r AI. The problems that i see with this play are basically who am i committing all in with a check raise? and possibly seeing a double check behind from AK, TJ, or something else just to be counterfitted on the turn. I guess the question is c/r bad???? If i lead and am called by both do i give up to a heart on the turn/villain push?

Shaddux
11-30-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't think a c/r is bad here since we are first to act in a 3-way pot where we weren't the aggressor pf. Also, there are a lot of 2-pair hands and huge draws that will call. I still like a b/3b AI better since the 2-pairs are going to raise us every time and we can charge the draws.