PDA

View Full Version : Preflop Raiser C-Bet with a raggy flop?

Mhoram
11-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Doyle says if he raised preflop he's gonna raise after the flop 99% of the time, if he hit or not. (I think he makes an exception if someone bets before the action gets to him.)

At these levels atleast, I find that if you raise preflop and the board is rags, nothing higher than a ten, a c-bet gets called probably 75% of the time. Even if the other player missed too, they won't give a preflop raiser credit for JJ or better, forcing the preflop raiser to fire a second bullet if they did indeed miss.

How do you play here? Both as the preflop raiser and the caller. Say you have AK as the raiser and the flop is rags.
Say you're the preflop caller and you missed completely as well, how do you respond to the c-bet on a rag flop? What if you had a small pocket pair or connected with second or third pair on the flop?

Gelford
11-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Dunno ... it depends on the table

But you are right, don't bluff calling stations.

wallywojo
11-30-2006, 05:47 PM
my two cents, this is why so many people that use a HUD have fold to continuation bet on as one of their key stats. Even calling stations can differentiate between calling in a limped pot vs. calling in a raised pot. This is valuable to know, thanks pokertracker.

Mhoram
12-01-2006, 02:14 AM
I had overlooked this stat in poker tracker, gonna add that in on the hud and maybe save myself a few bucks. Screen already looks like a blinking christmas tree but i'll find room for one more stat. Thanks.

Check_The_Nuts
12-01-2006, 02:17 AM
way to ask a completely unanswerable question.

This depends completely on how villian plays.

Supwithbates
12-01-2006, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my two cents, this is why so many people that use a HUD have fold to continuation bet on as one of their key stats. Even calling stations can differentiate between calling in a limped pot vs. calling in a raised pot. This is valuable to know, thanks pokertracker.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no way to add this using gametime+ is there?

Leviathan101
12-01-2006, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how do I add this stat to my hud? I don't know anything about how to work it. I have PokerAce hud and I've still got all the defaults set?

Check_The_Nuts
12-01-2006, 02:29 AM
go to options, layout manager. You can add it in there, just find it in the list and make it visible. Whole thing is pretty straight forward.