6 handed 50NL
All effective stacks $50

Hero is SB with AK

3 folds
Button raises to $2
Hero raises to 7
2 folds
Button calls

Flop 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Pot is just over $14. Do you bet into the player? How much? Check and give him the advantage?

Thanks

Gelford
11-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Bet somewhere between seven and eleven dollars is default (I'd go nine or ten)

orange
11-30-2006, 05:16 PM
I typically bet here. 1/2-2/3rds of pot is usually okay.

Shaddux
11-30-2006, 06:13 PM
I bet somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 the pot. I rarely check here--I'm betting with ATC against most uNL players.

What would we do here against a good TAG? If he floats the flop lead, what's our action on the turn? Checking the flop in a reraised pot would be weird, though in a raised pot I might c/c.

Leviathan101
11-30-2006, 06:18 PM
I bet 10 and rep some kind of pocket pair.

Against a Tag, I might go for a check/raise c-bet, it shows a lot of strength. if he checks behind you probably have the best hand.

This is a really safe flop for JJ-AA so a check/raise wouldn't seem unreasonable to me. Not my standard line though.

Gelford
11-30-2006, 06:18 PM
It is a very strong and with lots of equity, it is hard to make a mistake ... whether you bet like orange or go ballistic with a checkraise all-in does make much difference.

If your overs are clean out you are a favorite, else you are still not in bad shape

Shaddux
11-30-2006, 06:24 PM
My immediate reaction was c/r as well (assuming we are against good TAG still), until I realized that this was a reraised pot. In reraised pots, I lead here with AA and sets, just as I would with air, so I think a check on the flop would be weird.

absoludicrous
11-30-2006, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I typically bet here. 1/2-2/3rds of pot is usually okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leviathan101
11-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Against a thinking TAG (probably a level 1 maybe level 2 thinker), he may realize we have a whiffed AK, or a decent pocket pair. A check may lead him to believe you bricked the flop allowing you to check raise him if he tries to take the pot away. If he checks behind you get another shot to improve to the best hand.
This play is probably higher varience then leading, but when I'm in reraised pots, I don't always take the lead especially on dry boards. I tend to mix it up but I lead into passive players and check raise aggresive ones.

If he checks behind flop, I'm leading any turn.

How much does this TAG, know about your play style? How much do you know about his?

Shaddux
11-30-2006, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much does this TAG, know about your play style? How much do you know about his?

[/ QUOTE ]
Assuming we have a few thousand hands on each other, and he is capable of 2nd level thinking (almost non-existant at 50NL anyways). Since it's all hypothetical, this is kind of hard for me to clarify specifically.

I like your reasoning for the flop check though.

orange
11-30-2006, 06:38 PM
I like checking the flop alot more in position. I bet OOP almost every time. Too often will players just bet and we have to fold.

With AA/KK/etc, we are almost always leading this flop. A flop c/r is kindve weird.

Leviathan101
11-30-2006, 09:44 PM
I actually tend to c/r with AA/KK against players who bet when checked to here. I get more money out of them.