PDA

View Full Version : QQ in a reraised pot flops nasty..

BombayBadboy
11-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Sorry guys, I don't have a HH since I was messing around on Bodog. This is fullring btw.

Villain and I both have $50 stacks. No read on villain.

I raise UTG+1 with red QQ to 2.

He reraises on the CO to 7. I call.

Flop J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Pot is ~14.

I check, he leads for 12..

Thoughts?

cestlavie
11-30-2006, 12:36 PM
In the best case he has AK, maybe AQ but that's of course a lot more unlikely. You have to either lead or check/fold that flop.

homeslice
11-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Since you raised UTG+1, I'm assuming he's got to give you credit for possible PP or AQs+. Giving his PF action I'd give hime credit for TT+. I probably fold here.

RollTide77
11-30-2006, 01:13 PM
He also could have Q9s/o. If he doesn't have one of the 9s you need you are 5-1 to make your straight assuming you play both the turn and river. I would have led the flop but since you didn't, I fold too.

BombayBadboy
11-30-2006, 01:24 PM
I see the point in folding when I check it to him.

If we lead, what are we trying to accomplish? For what type of amount do we lead?

If we get raised, we fold? If we get called we...?

I know..lots of questions. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

RollTide77
11-30-2006, 02:02 PM
I assume this is .50 stakes?

By leading you want to know does he:
1. Have a J (then I've got him beat)
2. Have something better (Q9, KK, AA, 88, TT, etc)

To me, now that I've looked at it for a few mins, he's got KK, AA, or TT (hence the big pfr). I don't see a guy you know nothing about raising that amount pf with a JXs/o or even Q9s/o. But in the heat of the moment you may not have enough time to figure all that out. So bet a modest amount. Enough to make him think you might have the straight (if he doesn't) or the higher set. But not so much that when he calls it or re-raises you wish you hadn't done it with your NOW weak QQs. You'll win this 2 out of 3 times. But probably not on this hand. I think he's got you covered or he's sLAG.

BTW: If he raises you fold. You know he's got you covered. If he calls your up against a tough bet on the turn. He's either LAG chasing his straight or he's trying to milk you with his set. Chances of hitting your over set are slim. You see the diamond on the turn and check/fold.

Imrahil
11-30-2006, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He also could have Q9s/o. If he doesn't have one of the 9s you need you are 5-1 to make your straight assuming you play both the turn and river. I would have led the flop but since you didn't, I fold too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ughhh he has Q9 here almost never.