PDA

View Full Version : Two pair here on the river...now what?

VorShot
11-30-2006, 05:43 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
VorShot: $10.60
UTG+1: $8.35
CO: $10.40
Button: $3.45
SB: $14.95
BB: $10.70

Pre-flop: (6 players) VorShot is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot raises to $0.4</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $0.7</font>, VorShot calls $0.3 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $1.4)</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.1, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.5</font>, VorShot calls $0.5 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $2.6)</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.6, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">VorShot raises to $2.5</font>, SB folds, BB calls.
<font color="blue"> Did i bet to small here? Wasn't sure if i should pot it here or what. </font>

River: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($8.6, 2 players)
BB checks, VorShot...

What's my move here? Bet/fold? Bet/call? Check?
I think effective stack here is $6.90

kbrat
11-30-2006, 06:15 AM
Don't raise preflop, a fold is best here. start raising with SCs in the CO.

Turn raise is alright, a bit more wouldn't hurt since the board is very drawy.

On the river an 8 is not in his range unless he holds 88 (and even then, this holding is very unlikely given pf action) however I might be worried about a misplayed set, TT or 77. I think checking is best because of our stack size, if we make a standard blocking bet, and get raised, we have to call because of odds. If we make a small blocking bet we are asking to get raised, and if we push I don't think any worse hands are calling.

RAHZero
11-30-2006, 06:22 AM
Just fold this UTG. In the CO or on the button, you can raise suited connectors profitably, but if you get called here, you're going to be OOP with a usually marginal hand. As played, raise more on the turn. That's a pretty drawy board, and even though he likely isn't on a draw, there are a lot of river cards that you don't want to see. Check behind on the river. He's rarely calling here with anything you beat, probably only AA/KK if he's too stubborn to release them.

Tiki
11-30-2006, 08:21 AM
I find villains bets a little confusing. The min-reraise PF smells of big pair. Villain then makes no effort to protect any sort of a made hand post-flop. Has he fallen in love with something like AKs?
If villain is not too tricky I like a value bet on the river. I assume his re-raise range is weighted more towards JJ+ and you are therefore less likely to be facing a set/straight.

Badger83
11-30-2006, 09:24 AM
BB's turn bet is odd: $0.10 into $3.60. If he was trying to trap you with a small bet he would (presumably) raise after your raise.

I think BB has two high hearts here, c-betted flop, picked up a draw on turn which he tried to draw to cheaply and now has nothing on the river.

But if i'm wrong there are alot of hands that beat you so I don't think any value is lost checking behind here.

VorShot
11-30-2006, 03:51 PM
I checked behind and won againts his QQ.

He played it very very odd though my original read was a big pair due to his mini preflop raise.

Then he bet so small on the flop and even smaller on the turn.

I don't know, weird hand.

I think if i changed anything here though, i wish i had bet pot on the turn, i think river check was fine.

Sadat X
11-30-2006, 03:59 PM
I've never played this limit, but this seems like a pretty easy river bet. His $0.1 bet on the turn is a little confusing, but the fact that he calls the turn raise makes me think he has a pair. If he had a set, he'd likely re-pop the turn. I'd make it $6.6 and hope for a call.