PDA

View Full Version : NL25 Bluff flop, river call?

OneFive
11-30-2006, 02:08 AM
First, some background. CO is 23/18/4 with high flop and river agression and significantly lower on the turn (over about 200 hands). I had seen this villan a lot recently and didn't have any written notes on him except he will 3 bet light and almost always bets the pot. I have not seen him show down anything too weird, although multitabling I could have missed something. I called the flop for two reasons; first I knew he was agreesive preflop and always c-bet, so I was already planning on raising a fairly safe flop. Second, I was curious and had seen this villain enough to want to figure out more about him. You can disagree with that strategy, but I'm more concerned with turn/river. Thanks in advance.

Stacks = $25
Hero is Button with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO raises to $1.25</font>, Hero calls, 3 folds.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2.3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, CO calls.
At this point, I expected to fold to a turn bet and put him on 99,1010 or KJ, QJ. He is very agressive on the flop and I figured if he had a better hand he'd move with it.
Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($23.1, 2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks.
He checked, seemed weird considering stack sizes
River: J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($23.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO is all-in $13.75 <font color="black"> </font> My gut said villain was FOS for some reason and I was almost happy to call just for the info. Anyone call here?

Check_The_Nuts
11-30-2006, 02:11 AM
call that river. He look slike a busted draw.

WTF are you doing on that flop? you have 4 live outs?!?!? Can't you pick a flop where you don't have 4 outs?

straightflush
11-30-2006, 03:21 AM
What makes you think it looks like a busted draw?

To me it looks like he could possibly have 76s, AJ, KJ, QJ, JT or any pocket pair higher than 8's.

OP, I would probably push the turn since you raised the flop.

If you really want information than call the river and hope he had a busted flush draw.

Sir Winalot
11-30-2006, 03:56 AM
hmmm, your hand is a bluffcatcher so treat it as one. Fold river IMO.