PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: General Discussion of KK on A high flops (hand incl.)

Shoot59
11-30-2006, 01:17 AM
I have a hand question, but more importantly I'd like to see a general discussion of playing KK in and out of position when an A flops. I have seen advice saying "no c-bet" with KK on A high flops and would like to see some examples.

In this hand, how do you deal with a donk bet into you?

Villain is 31/15/1 over 100 hands (kinda passive post flop?)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($70.85)
SB ($56.40)
BB ($53.90)
UTG ($83.30)
MP ($26.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $2, MP folds.

Flop: ($5.75) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $9.75

What do you do here on the flop? I'd be more inclined to call or raise if I believe villain could be betting a draw.

ihtfp
11-30-2006, 01:29 AM
I have seen this sort of behavior from 88-QQ often enough to make it profitable to continue on in this hand.

I'm not entirely sure whether to call or raise though...I think it might depend on how aggressive the villain is on later streets. If he won't let you get to showdown cheaply when you just call down, then raise and find out more about what he has.

wallywojo
11-30-2006, 12:05 PM
this is a very read dependent question, so no formula can be reached to give you an answer, which is the nice thing about NL. The problem with this is that you may have to call a bet on each street with potentially only 2 outs. That is bad news.

Against people I respect at the table, I will call this 25% of the time and fold 75% of the time. Against people playing back at me I will flip that around (75 call/25 fold) and see what happens on the turn.