PDA

View Full Version : 50NL on bodog, flopped a monster, how to get the most money?

socdave
11-29-2006, 10:39 PM
.25/.50 NL game on bodog (no converter) table usually has a lot of limpers but not much raising or betting

Hero has 17.50
Mc1roB has 36.85
fammay has 22.00 (new to table, posted BB)
FLAFISH03 has 5.91 (SB for .25
banker78 has 27.85 (BB for .50)

Preflop

hero has 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif
1 fold, Mc1roB calls .50, 1 fold, fammay checks, hero calls .50, 2 folds, FLAFISH03 calls .25, banker78 checks

Flop

7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
FLAFISH03 checks, banker78 bets 1.00, Mc1roB calls 1.00, fammay calls 1.00, hero ?

do i call here hoping to get the SB to call and one of the many draws to hit on the turn?
can i put in a small raise and hope to get a 3 callers?

Bobb
11-29-2006, 10:47 PM
(Grunching and new to NL)

I think a call on this flop is good with a pot sized raise or bet if checked to on the turn.

Dave Coulier
11-29-2006, 10:51 PM
I would just call here. Theres very few cards that can hit on the turn that hurt you, and alot of cards that can hit that will give you lots of action. If a spade hits, you're gonna get paid off. Also any card that completes a str8 is great for you.

CityLife
11-29-2006, 10:52 PM
I call behind here. Raising will likely push out some of the draws, as well as giving away that you have a strong hand. As well you're in position so it's likely someone will bet the turn at which point you can make a bigger raise with more in the pot.

The sheriff
11-29-2006, 10:54 PM
i like to slowplay this and pump the river unless str8 or flush completes on the turn if it does i bet/raise pot

SpecT
11-30-2006, 12:10 AM
i would of raised this PF, which would of made it alot easier to build a big pot. assuming at least one of them has the flush draw, do you guys think that if the spade hit, he would get paid off more if he raised on the flop (representin trips/overpair) than if he raised wen the spade hit. I do, plus it will be a bigger pot. Because of this im going to go against everyone here and raise to $5. It's small enough to keep the drawers in, and also builds a bigger pot

The sheriff
11-30-2006, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would of raised this PF, which would of made it alot easier to build a big pot. assuming at least one of them has the flush draw, do you guys think that if the spade hit, he would get paid off more if he raised on the flop (representin trips/overpair) than if he raised wen the spade hit. I do, plus it will be a bigger pot. Because of this im going to go against everyone here and raise to $5. It's small enough to keep the drawers in, and also builds a bigger pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough but am i mistaken in saying u would have raised pre-flop is 78 a hand u want to build the pot with preflop
i dont think so u want a dawing hand against alot of opponents

SpecT
11-30-2006, 02:18 AM
no, the raise preflop isnt to build a big pot. It's to hopefully get it heads up to the flop so u can try to take the pot down with a c-bet. Plus it looks like sum1 posted the blind in MP, so there's some dead money you can get by raising. I'm not a fan of limping when your in position

Check_The_Nuts
11-30-2006, 02:53 AM
I wouldn't riase. I'd fear squeezing out the guys with legit hands.

Sir Winalot
11-30-2006, 03:58 AM
I raise to 7.

socdave
11-30-2006, 08:03 AM
i ended up raising to 3 figuring they would almost have to call getting good pot odds, but i was wrong. 3 ended up folding and i went HU with fammay

the turn was a spade and i got a bet out of him and he called my small raise

the river was also a spade. he bet 4 (pot was 26) i raised to 11 all in, and he folded