PDA

View Full Version : 50NL... was it correct to bet again on the turn??

tokeweed
11-29-2006, 09:35 PM
http://www.liquidpoker.net/h/106929

was it correct to bet again at the turn?? thanks

bk1
11-29-2006, 10:34 PM
he called on the button so I can only think that he has suited connector because you are in early position and raise; you showed a lot of strength.

He may put you on hand like AK AQ or AJ and he called with suited connector.

Now, for him it is even money. If flop comes three babies and you check, he can take the pot away from you.

But you bet; it was a good bet. and then he called you. This means he is connected. on the turn, another baby card and he re-raise you.

he probably made a straight. So good fold.

CityLife
11-29-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't like the bet on the turn. At the point where your (good) c-bet gets called with an overcard on the board i'm going to become quite wary. I'd check here and probably fold to a decent sized bet. On the turn any K and some suited connectors have you beat so i don't want to get too involved in the pot.

mrd99a
11-30-2006, 12:01 AM
To answer your question.. I don't think you should bet this turn. Your preflop raise was a good sized bet along with a proper sized cb. Unless you have a read on the villain that he's a floater then I'd bet the turn otherwise I'd check the turn and fold if he continues build the pot.

Bowlboy
11-30-2006, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your preflop raise was a good sized bet along with a proper sized cb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant say I agree with the size of this cbet. We're oop with an overcard to our jacks so I really dont want to see the turn here. I dont mind the 1/2 size cbet if we had position on villian here but since we dont I want to bet 2/3-3/4 of the pot here. Betting 1/2 the pot here gives villain 3-1 on a call which is no good for us imo. Jacks are probably good on this flop like 70% of the time so play it with more strength? This may be a leak for me i dunno just my 2 cents.