PDA

View Full Version : what stats to use for NL?

shirze
11-29-2006, 04:48 PM
i'm just wondering which stats are the best to keep in my HU display for NL, as i'm sure it's different than in limit, and i'm a recent convert.

(currently i'm showing VPIP, PFR and aggression, plus all three of those from LP, as well as W$SD, though i'm wondering if the sample sizes i end up with are enough to trust these specific stats...)

thac
11-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm currently making a new one that will use:

VP$IP
PFR
WtSD
W$SD
Total Agg
Att. to Steal Blinds
CBet
Fold to CBet

I think it's a bit much, but I'm too lazy to click on names and look at stats.

kbrat
11-29-2006, 05:01 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how do you use the WtSD and W$SD stats? Do you give much credit to them with a small sample? if not, how big a sample?

thac
11-29-2006, 05:07 PM
I use the WtSD stat to determine who gets married to their hands and who will make laydowns more than others. Over a small sample it's really irrelevant, I like to have at least 250-300 hands on villian for it to be relevant.

W$SD, I use to see who, when they go to showdown, wins a lot. If they have at least a 50% W$SD, I'll likely think twice about value-betting river after he's called flop and turn bets.

Gelford
11-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Imho then id say none ... arent I crazy ??

thac
11-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Yeah I haven't been using HUD lately, I'm trying to develop my reads a little better because I'm getting lazy. Just saying that's the layout I'm going to be making soon /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gelford
11-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah ... I am sure a HUD is a good thing, but I found that the numbers mesmerized me, and I often just deduct something from them and not pay attention

Which in turn made me play on autopilot ... etc etc ... I've been playing a lot better since I turned it off.

eigenvalue
11-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Try to read opponents instead of stats!

Shaddux
11-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Use whatever helps your game the most...I use anything that has to do with cbet patterns/reactions. I also see how often they fold in the blinds.

This is in addition to vpip/pfr/ag of course.

banana182
11-29-2006, 06:24 PM
I'd also endorsing the Cbet fold stat. I'm going to be less likely to cbet with air if I see someone folds less than 20% of the time.

Like everyone else said, don't read too much into stats though. They are helpful info., but don't act exclusively based on that info. alone. Develop your ability to make reads and this will help you more than any info PAHUD can give you.