PDA

View Full Version : NL $25 FTP AK Anyone else do this?

mrpotto
11-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Reads on Villain was that he was raising light and calling making big bets light. I saw him go all in with a full stack after calling a raise with A-10 when an ace hit on a flop. He ends up beating AK when a 10 spikes on the river. Also saw him go all in with bottom pair on a raised pot with like $2 in the pot. He lost that one. Point being he was very loose and I'm likely way ahead of his range.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $73.80
UTG+1: $16.70
CO: $37.55
hero: $25.80
SB: $20.25
BB: $12.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is Button with http://www.neildewhurst.com/wp-content/images/classic-cards/kh.png http://www.neildewhurst.com/wp-content/images/classic-cards/ac.png
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.85</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises all-in $25.8

EMc
11-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Its a little early in the hand to be going AI with AK. I just make it 3 to go here.

mrpotto
11-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Agreed that it was early and I was more fearful of the button or any of the blinds having a hand worthy of a call than I was of the the villian who originally raised. I honestly believed that the raiser would call with an inferior hand to mine and that this move was EV+.

Bonesy
11-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Make a normal reraise and happily call his all in if he is that nuts.

Tiki
11-29-2006, 02:27 PM
You are risking $25 to win $1.20. You also have position.
If I was you, I'd flat call villain and try to trap him post-flop.
Massive overbets with 3rd pair etc. are normally big mistakes, give him the chance to make some more. If he calls you here with 22+ it's you that have made the mistake.
Also consider that if you double villain up right now then he may possibly quit and you'll have to win your money back from likely better players. Be patient.

mrpotto
11-29-2006, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are risking $25 to win $1.20. You also have position.
If I was you, I'd flat call villain and try to trap him post-flop.
Massive overbets with 3rd pair etc. are normally big mistakes, give him the chance to make some more. If he calls you here with 22+ it's you that have made the mistake.
Also consider that if you double villain up right now then he may possibly quit and you'll have to win your money back from likely better players. Be patient.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this. All's well that ends well though right? Villian ends up calling with AQ (suited no less). AK holds up.

thac
11-29-2006, 04:35 PM
lolol I remember this hand. I was sitting here. I was pretty sure you had AK, and he's like "Do you want a call?", I figured he had JJ-TT... and he flips AQ. Lol. I would've just raised to 4 and called a shove, cause you know he was going to.

Btw, I was the one with AK vs his AT. Blehhhhh. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

snakekilla88
11-29-2006, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

lolol I remember this hand. I was sitting here. I was pretty sure you had AK, and he's like "Do you want a call?", I figured he had JJ-TT... and he flips AQ. Lol. I would've just raised to 4 and called a shove, cause you know he was going to.

Btw, I was the one with AK vs his AT. Blehhhhh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn. :-D.

mrpotto
11-29-2006, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would've just raised to 4 and called a shove, cause you know he was going to.[ QUOTE ]

Yep. This was the right play. Flop was x,x,K with two spades. Since he had AQ of spades he would have gotten it all in.

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, I was the one with AK vs his AT. Blehhhhh

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucked and I hate seeing bad poker getting rewarded as it does from time to time.

On a side note, my PT stats show you as a big time nit (8/8/6 over 187 hands! Didn't think that was even possible!) Even you couldn't resist getting it all in with a single pair and a full stack against donkey boy! Sorry about the bad beat. I'll look to avoid you at the tables.