PDA

View Full Version : KQ makes trips on drawish board (50 6m)

HitNRunPoster
11-29-2006, 03:53 AM
Hmm, I'm not quite sure what to do on this turn. The guy that called me was 33/15/2.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $19.83
hero: $62.85
Button: $68.51
SB: $56.65
BB: $26.50

Pre-flop: (5 players) hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $3</font>, Button calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($10.75, 2 players)
hero?

Gravy
11-29-2006, 03:55 AM

HitNRunPoster
11-29-2006, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

howsabout a checkraise?

Wizzawig
11-29-2006, 04:17 AM
I don't like a checkraise, you've said that it's drawish and if it's checked behind and a heart comes on the river it could be ugly. Just bet out about 8ish.

Gravy
11-29-2006, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
howsabout a checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm now that I think about it yea. Not really worried about him checking behind because Jx is drawing dead (except QJ obv) and hearts, though possible, would probably raise the flop. stack-a-donk it is

Gelford
11-29-2006, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
howsabout a checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm now that I think about it yea. Not really worried about him checking behind because Jx is drawing dead (except QJ obv) and hearts, though possible, would probably raise the flop. stack-a-donk it is

[/ QUOTE ]

A donk on a flushdraw would not always raise flop, but yeah .... a check is not a dumb idea, you might risk giving a free card and having to lay it down if a heart hits river, but then again a big bet now will most likely loose lesser hands and you might get hurt badly vs. QJ and AQ (not that they are likely, but ... )

It seems like a good way to extract, bet non heart river if he checks behind and raise him if he bets turn.

HitNRunPoster
11-29-2006, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
howsabout a checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A donk on a flushdraw would not always raise flop, but yeah .... a check is not a dumb idea, you might risk giving a free card and having to lay it down if a heart hits river, but then again a big bet now will most likely loose lesser hands and you might get hurt badly vs. QJ and AQ (not that they are likely, but ... )

It seems like a good way to extract, bet non heart river if he checks behind and raise him if he bets turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing that I'm concerned about is that if I check he may not bet very much, whereas if I bet a fair amount and he calls, I get to choose teh bet size. How relevant is this?

Also, I'm not evaluating QJ/AQ in my opponent's range when comparing these two lines because I intend on felting my hand. Is that rational?

Gelford
11-29-2006, 04:49 AM
Well I am fairly new (in recent times that is) to cash ... so this is tainted.

As an sng player I am not always interested in going for a stacking as chips lose value, so survival is not as easy as pressing the cashier button and reloading.

But here are the thoughts of an sng player.

OK, so far so good ... I raised pf and donk called .. now we have made it to turn and I've cbet and he is still around.

Now let us see, what are the possibilities ... that will pay me of.

There are three hands he can hold, either a flushdraw, a Jack (or similar that he is getting frisky with like a pocket pair (over, jacks or under)) or a queen)

OK, if he has the flushdraw .. then I should be betting and charging him.

If he has the Jack (drumroll ... for those of you who have been watching him and know he has the jack) then a big bet will lose him.

If he has a queen then it has to be either QJ or AQ, both of which are crushing us.

Unless you have a donkaholic read then ... well .. show some weakness and let him hang himself. In a sng a turn check is default, but there is chip accumilating pressure, so people are more likely to fight for every pot and bet into you.

But I like the turn check, ... and if he bets big then just raise him ... and if he bets small ... well ... is calling awful ? (Remembering that we are giving up if a heart falls, but checkcalling a riverbet)

eigenvalue
11-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Bet $7.5 and plan to check/call the river, if he calls Your turn bet.

simuk
11-29-2006, 10:28 AM
I had the exact some hand really last night. I bet it hard and won a lot of money /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. i think $8 is about right as you may get him to call even without outs to his draw.

thac
11-29-2006, 10:43 AM
I think betting the turn is better than checking. Any heart draw or straight draw can see a free card. I think you represent trips more by checking, and if you check, you're raising any bet, so unless he has T/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, I think he folds out anything (except 55 of course).

I would probably bet out around $7, it looks weaker in my eyes. I think he calls with a KJ/AJ hand and with draws. Check/calling a blank river is pretty standard to snap off bluffs.

Bonesy
11-29-2006, 12:54 PM
I bet more on the flop. Turn I also bet as others have suggested. I think draws are a good part of his range.