PDA

View Full Version : 50NL flop decision

Longy
11-29-2006, 12:29 AM
This hand got weird quickly, viallan is 42/14/1 and i think is quite poor.

Cutoff stats are quite typical tag tho he makes quite donkish plays as seen here min raising and being so short.

What is your next move here.

Comments on all streets welcome

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $56.75
UTG+1: $43.10
CO: $13.05
Button: $20.60
SB: $62.20
Hero: $47.25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1.5</font>, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $19.5 Hero????

Oranzith
11-29-2006, 12:53 AM
i dont like the first check at all, raise that [censored] up
however, this is pretty much a fold by the time he 3bets to 20. the raises in front of him dont mean jack [censored] obviously, he was planning a check raise the whole time as is all the happier with 2 raises in front of him. i watch 99 and JJ flip all the time. unless he is a really solid player willing to raise a combo-draws hard, you're behind

11-29-2006, 01:01 AM
This is a really difficult spot without a more detailed read on SB.

Your favourite against here are AK AQ J9 or maybe a split pot with A9. i think if he just had the flush or straight draw he would have called or pushed. You'll be in a race against big draws such as 8dTd TdJd TdQd etc, and in trouble against AJ or 99 or JJ. You really need to have some idea what type hands he would/wouldn't play this way.

Obviously this post is no help to you. My advice, go with your read of him being poor, close your eyes and call.

11-29-2006, 01:03 AM
calling is actually probably bad, push or fold.

Oranzith
11-29-2006, 01:07 AM
unless this villain is crazy he is doing this just about never with TPTK

ImprovinNewbie
11-29-2006, 01:35 AM
so much action for top 2! i think im pushing!!!! top 2. what does he have here? 99 is unlikely as you are holding one. JJ reiraises in fear of overs. AA might PF flat call but seriously, is that the hand you are afraid of?

egocidal
11-29-2006, 01:43 AM
I lead flop. The SBs play is very weird, but does not indicate an attempt to take you out of the pot, rather it appears to be some sort of noobish trap. Why would he flat call the CO bet if you had already checked the flop? Anyway, push or fold, no calling here. Maybe he got crazy with AK-Ax.

Oranzith
11-29-2006, 02:04 AM
itd be nice if we actually had top 2. we have top and bottom which is makes it more complicated

Longy
11-29-2006, 02:45 AM
To explain my play (tho i will agree leading the flop may be best) i like to let buttons and cutoffs know that c-betting into me is not a guarenteed way to pick up pots. So i like to check raise the first good opportunity i get. I was very confident the co was betting this based on his datamined stats.

I agree with above poster this is a playing for stacks spot and i have to decide if im in at least a coinflip hereif so its a push if not a fold. So i thought about it for my whole timebank. And typed in

"wow are you serious"

and he replied "yes".

At this point i felt he did not have a draw and the only hand i had beat was j9, so i folded and he showed jj. I will be honest i expected to see aj.

Imrahil
11-29-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't think you can fold this in 50NL. There are just so many bad and weird plays being made that trying to make "big" laydowns like this will cost you money in the end. I just push and if he shows AJ then I just say I got cold decked and move on. It's not a real cold deck but at this limit flopping two pair is good enough to get all of your chips in.

Longy
11-29-2006, 12:52 PM
I agree that making big laydown at NL50 isn't something that is common due to the fishiness of the games. Yet there is something happening in this hand that makes it correct IMO to laydown a hand.

There are so few players bluffing in this spot my c-r over the top of a bet and a call on this board looks super strong so for the flat caller to suddenly wake up and raise again is just plain weird. I felt the laydown here was just about correct.