PDA

View Full Version : NL$50 6 max playing a flush draw

CaucasianAsian29
11-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Seat 0 seems pretty TAG, but other than that no reads.

Draws are something I really need to work on.
Seat 0 (playing) : $75.75

Seat 3 (playing) : Hero amount $54.95

** Dealing Down Cards **
Dealt to Hero: [Js, Qs]
Hero: Call ($0.50)
Player 4: Fold
Player 5: Fold
Player 0: Raise ($3)
Player 1: Fold
Player 2: Call ($2.50)
Hero: Call ($2.50)

** Dealing Flop **
Community cards: [6s, 4c, 8s]
Player 2: Check ($0)
Hero: Bet ($6)
Player 0: Raise ($20)
Player 2: Fold
Hero: Pushes, folds?

Oranzith
11-29-2006, 12:29 AM
i fold this one. you really only have the flush draw here, i doubt the overcards are worth a thing. He either has a solid overpair, 2pair or set.

Pushing in this situation is a FE move, except I dont think you have much FE here. being somewhat unsure with draws myself, i only push in this situation with a combo draw (FD + gutter or OESD) or FD + TP.

you are looking at 9 outs, giving maybe 38% chance to hit. FE MIGHT bring you up to an even money play, but at least until im comfortable, I will play FE + 50% chance to hit (12+ outs)

CityLife
11-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Pre-flop I don't like the UTG call, and I think there's a case to be made folding the raise given you'll be OOP against the raiser.

I tend to check the flop with the flush draw here. A bet (especially against an aggressive opponent) on a flop like this can look too much like a steal. Checking here I think gives you a better chance to see a cheap turn card. As it stands I think you fold to the raise.

CaucasianAsian29
11-29-2006, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop I don't like the UTG call, and I think there's a case to be made folding the raise given you'll be OOP against the raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]
yah, I often fold this pf, but i'm usually super tight and trying to loosen up, hmm...

eigenvalue
11-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Fold, because after his reraise Your fold equity is nil!

InfectorGadget
11-29-2006, 09:34 AM
PF is bad IMO. If you flop a pair you will never know if you are good or not and your position is really bad, you really only got the straight or flush going for you here.

If you are going to play this you ought to raise, but I dont think thats good either so I dump it PF.

As played I dont like to bet out either as you really only have the flush going for you. Playing this flop OOP when you only limp/called PF is really hard, so just check and hope for a free card.

munkey
11-29-2006, 10:18 AM
happy birthday/ Sheng ri kuaii le

As for the hand raise/fold UTG (for decption and we can represent a better hand postflop).

Postflop as played - I wouldn't lead into the PFR unless I wanted to 3bet/shutdown. I probably check call/check fold the flop.