PDA

View Full Version : NL-10 Flopped StraighFlush draw. Line ok?

LineCheck
11-28-2006, 08:48 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($10.45)
Hero ($26.05)
SB ($9.75)
BB ($12.30)
UTG ($4.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.45) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.25) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.8</font>, MP calls $0.80.

River: ($2.85) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, MP calls $2.

Final Pot: $6.85

I call pf due to the fact i can play this hand in position.
On the flop i wanna build a pot since im ahead of most hands now. On the turn is where i think i didnt play so great. river is standard i think.

question, do you check behind that turn or fire another shot?

michaelantoi
11-28-2006, 08:53 PM
I like it.

Bowlboy
11-28-2006, 09:00 PM
ya i think you should take a free card on the turn. Villain might bluff the river then you can raise his ass.

Murd0c
11-28-2006, 09:04 PM
I'd raise it pre-flop but I'm crazy, I like all lines otherwise.

Check_The_Nuts
11-28-2006, 09:05 PM
I'd bet a dollar on the turn. Rest is good

Jouster777
11-28-2006, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ya i think you should take a free card on the turn. Villain might bluff the river then you can raise his ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not crazy about going wild with a one card straight. Also, if you check the turn villain will be more cautious when a draw hits so checking to induce doesn't really make sense.

Hero has 17-20 outs on the turn and will get some folds so betting is good there...that bet may have been what convinced villain to call on the river as the 7 is very disguised.

LineCheck
11-28-2006, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not crazy about going wild with a one card straight. Also, if you check the turn villain will be more cautious when a draw hits so checking to induce doesn't really make sense.

Hero has 17-20 outs on the turn and will get some folds so betting is good there...that bet may have been what convinced villain to call on the river as the 7 is very disguised.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes the most sense to me!

Bowlboy
11-28-2006, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you are assuming that the average 'joe' at $10NL even knows what a free card play is? You are still on a draw and after the turn your equity to win at a showdown pretty well just got cut in half. Not only that but hitting a 3 on the river when you hold 57 is disguised enough and most people will not give you credit for it. Also keep in mind that you have little fold equity at these stakes. I cant think of a more perfect time to take a free card. From my experience at $10NL the free card earns you more action on the river when you hit.