PDA

View Full Version : NL25:KK v minraise on the flop

Kramer
11-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Cryptologic
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $28.10
HERO: $13.75
CO: $22.50
Button: $12.76
SB: $8.55
BB: $27.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) HERO is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $1.5</font>, CO folds, Button calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.65, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">
HERO ??? </font>

Hello everybody!
This is my first NL25 hand posted here so go easy on me (I suck at cash games ) /images/graemlins/confused.gif
BUTTON was : 65-0 and aggresion factor of 0 in 40 hands.
He liked to limped every suited hand he had and liked to call big bets and reraises on flush draws.

PF I know it was a bit to much
On the FLOP I think I made a small bet . (~3$ was OK ?)
His minraise makes me think I'm [censored]..
So HERO folds ?

AmonRaa
11-28-2006, 07:54 PM
3$ on the flop. Call and revaluate the turn.

Kramer
11-28-2006, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3$ on the flop. Call and revaluate the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
On the TURN there will be a ~ 13$ pot and I'll have ~6$ left and first to act.
I can't bet because I'm all in and If I check he is going to put me all in

ImprovinNewbie
11-28-2006, 08:18 PM
why isnt pushing an option... he like to call big bets and re-raise with flush draws? put him to the test! he could be minraising with TP for all we know... i get it in and click for a rebuy at the same time.. a win and HOORAY! a loss and we dont miss a hand.

Kramer
11-28-2006, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why isnt pushing an option... he like to call big bets and re-raise with flush draws? put him to the test! he could be minraising with TP for all we know... i get it in and click for a rebuy at the same time.. a win and HOORAY! a loss and we dont miss a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
I pushed but didn't tell you that just because I thought my move sucked a lot.
I had a feeling I was [censored] (and I was ) but from the way he played a previous hand I thought he was the kind that can't fold AK or AO (funny me .. I couldn't fold KK )
I suck at hand reading

SixT4
11-28-2006, 08:24 PM
From your description of the villain he sounds like a donk who just calls down and is rather passive. If that's the case I fold.

Bowlboy
11-28-2006, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstand the read on villain here. He likes to CALL big bets and re-raises on flush draws. This does'nt imply( as far as i can tell) that he reraises with his flush draw, he just keeps calling. His total AF is a big fat zero, so up until this hand he hasnt bet or raised post flop other wise his AF would not be zero. Right?

That said, I'm quite sure that villain has flopped a very strong hand either the straight 2 pair or a set.

We are minraised by a villain who never bets over 40 hands then suddenly wakes up on this board. All the hands that beat us are certainly in his range here. We may even be up against AA.

We're behind here more often than we are ahead and when we are behind we are frequently way behind.

The only situation I consider pushing here is if there is a very good possiblility villain is now tilting because of losing some other big hand. Most of the time however when this villain actually raises you, its because he has the straight or set and is looking to protect his hand, even though minraising doesnt really accomplish that either.

Kramer
11-28-2006, 08:45 PM
He lost a big pot the previous hand this olso made me think he wanted to recover even if he didn't hit his hand.(First thought was 100% he has a set and I'm [censored] so FOLD but [censored] the hand anyway)
I was very wrong and your reading of the hand is very accurate.
Thanks for the reply!

Phytopath
11-28-2006, 09:32 PM
With your ministack this is an easy push.