PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Crappy spot w/ AKo

DeadlyGambit
11-28-2006, 06:14 PM
This is from memory, so bear with me.

6 max .25NL
Stacks: Hero - $48, Villian - $26

Folded to Hero in CO

HERO has A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and raises to $.85
Villian is button and reraises to $2.25
HERO Calls

FLOP: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

HERO checks, villian bets ~$5, HERO calls

TURN: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

HERO checks, Villian bets ~15, HERO?

When he RR'ed PF, my first thought was Aces and I thought about folding, but it was a smallish RR and folding seemed weak. Anyone fold PF? I figured I would c/call the flop, them fold the turn if he continued to bet hard. I dont think betting the flop accomplishes much, since he just folds any weaker hand. I figured that if he bet the turn hard the king didnt scare him and I could safely fold. However, i'm an idiot, so please give me some help.

Imrahil
11-28-2006, 06:15 PM
I just push here on the turn. I don't see how you can put him on exactly AA here. AdQd could be a possibility here as well as another AK.

Bonesy
11-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Sucks to lose to AA if that is what he had but there are other AK's and weird stuff too that you are beating. I push the turn and cross my fingers. I would need a serious read to fold this.

kabouter
11-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Raise to $1 preflop please, 0,85 sounds so cheap :P

Dastone
11-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Ha, you would hate watching me than. I would have raised to .75. 3x baby. Don't get me wrong, if that ain't cutting I will adjust. Hell, live 1/2nl my standard open raise is 6x.

OP: why not bet, or check raise flop? Then you might be able to possibly get away from the hand if need be. It seems to me with your passive line you are inviting him to make plays at you.

How tight or passive was this guy, that you assume AA is the only hand he would play like this?

Yorkshire Pud
11-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Despite being reraised preflop is c-betting the flop a bad move here? he could be reraising with a wide range here to protect his blind?

As played I probably push the turn. If he has AA I swear and get on with it.

DeadlyGambit
11-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Dastone:

I didn't lead the flop b/c I don't think I get called by weaker hands that often. Villian may have RR'ed PF with something like TT - QQ, any of which I believe he folds to a flop lead. If I check the flop, he'll prolly c-bet, so I can at least win that much more.

Dastone
11-28-2006, 07:42 PM
I understand. Sometimes you flop the best hand and don't get any action on it. My line would have been to bet the flop and see where I was at.