PDA

View Full Version : JJ against a donk bet on flop - help please (6m, 25NL)

Jouster777
11-28-2006, 03:04 PM
<font color="blue">Only 14 hands on villian 21/21/oo. Nothing beyond numbers...I'm busy and not really paying attention. I have never figured out how best to deal with these 1/2psb donk bets into me. I think the party line is to raise here so if that's your answer please provide add a bit of your reasoning. </font>

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($23.45)
BB ($16.55)
Hero ($58.45)
Button ($25.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, Hero?

Ra_
11-28-2006, 03:10 PM
I don't raise here, yes this is a FD alot but its a king that doesn't fold just as much.

Just flat call and see how eager he is to get money in on the turn. If he checks, i check behind on diamond and non diamond turns. Sure yoru letting the flush draw get there real cheap, but your sure not paying off anything substaintal if it hits.

Waingro
11-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Hu I like a substantial raise here to $4.5. With basically all hands, monsters, air and marginal hands with showdown value like the one you have and stuff like KTo. The reason I like a raise here with JJ is that it is a fairly drawy board and it is easy for villain to double barrel with a fd or even with a gutter, you likely have the best hand but super vulnerable so you are very happy to take it down right there. Plus villain will fold a lot. If villain calls you might still get to showdown by checking behind on turn so it is not a complete bluff.

Edit: If the flop was rainbow I like a call, re-evaluate turn kind of line.

AliasMrJones
11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
In this spot I generally call the little bet and re-evaluate based on turn card and his action. I will sometimes pop it on the flop if I've seen him bet small with a weak hand before.