PDA

View Full Version : Regulations

ASD99
11-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Anyone have any inside information on how strict or pathetic the regulations for the UIGEA are looking? I am mostly concerned about the provisions regarding banks and neteller etc, or do we just have to wait until the Federal Reserve and Treasury release them?

MagCFO
11-28-2006, 12:25 PM
it will be a while before any of that info is available.

Berge20
11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm not much help in the regulatory area

Mag is probably right, process is generally slow and typical of government.

TruePoker CEO
11-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Another thread cites a website put up by anti-gambling folks about issues to influence in writing the regulations, so I was curious what the PPA was doing in this area.

I wrote the PPA as follows today:

"The UIGE Act requires regulations be promulgated. The anti-gambling advocacy groups are already quite active in lobbying about the Regulations' content.

What activity is the PPA engaged in to track and notice proposed regulations ? Better yet, what activity is the PPA engaged in to influence the CONTENT of the proposed regulations with respect to poker BEFORE they are even published ?

Do you know WHO is writing them within the various agencies ? Have you any contacts there, paid or otherwise ?"

I will post any responses here.

Cooder
11-29-2006, 01:00 AM
For the first 269 days they'll have meetings, form committees, and give great PowerPoint presentations to each other.

On the last day they'll go OH S--t! and actually write something.

(My wife and I have a combined total of 35 years of Federal Government service - trust me! /images/graemlins/wink.gif