PDA

View Full Version : general micro limit question - what hands to you raise pf (6-max)

wslee00
11-28-2006, 11:16 AM
I've played stakes as high as 2/4 NL on a regular basis, and I have been raising many hands such as T9, 87 in position. However, I find that this is very unprofitable at micro-limits as players will call with Q9, K8 and won't give it up to aggression. My question to the uNL players out there - do you guys raise these types of hands in position? Do you find it profitable to do so?

Abramovic
11-28-2006, 11:29 AM
It always depends on the table and whose on the blinds. If there are limpers behind me Ill almsot never raise these hands. If its folded to me and Im on the cutoff or BB with weak blinds Ill raise these hands.

kaz2107
11-28-2006, 11:50 AM
question is WAY to vague. u cant answere questions like this and make standard rules for playin NL. there and infinite different possibilities which will constantly change this answere

post some hands or sumtin

Jouster777
11-28-2006, 11:56 AM
I limp more with hands that are automatic raises in SSNL or MSNL...no reason to raise against all the loose passives we see in uSNL.

I'll raise T9 or 87 only if suited and its folds to me. I'll usually limp them if there is >1 limper. With one limper I'll go either way. Offsuit I fold. All assuming being in position and against an average to more LP than average table. I'll raise against decent TAGs.

Gelford
11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've played stakes as high as 2/4 NL

[/ QUOTE ]

Either you where a big loser there or you are full of it, how can a winning 400NL not adapt to table conditions ??

wslee00
11-28-2006, 12:49 PM
no believe it, maybe it's just that i don't take the money seriously at this level

Gelford
11-28-2006, 12:54 PM
I think you might just have hit the nail on it's head ... betting too much without reading.

You can raise anything in uNL as well, but be more careful postflop as FE is much lower.

11-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Hands I raise first in 22-AA, KQs, AJs+, AQ+ from any position. I play looser sometimes, depending on table conditions. Button and CO I raise lot`s of hands, dependent on number of limpers, how the blinds play etc..

AliasMrJones
11-28-2006, 03:31 PM
1. I also find it hard to believe a profitable 2/4NL player can't beat micro, but whatever.

2. There are a number of reasons to raise. In uNL, think value raises.

3. At least at the NL50 level, lots of players will call a raise with Q9, etc., but many will also give it up on the flop if they whiff. You have to have some postflop and observational skillz to learn who will give up and who won't and what flops are good for c-bets and which aren't.

kbrat
11-28-2006, 03:42 PM
ATo+ ATs+ KJ-KQ QJs 22-AA in any position, my range is larger than this on the CO and button, first in I always raise. OTB, if blinds are weak, any SC and suited gappers as well as K9+ Q9+ J9 and JT

Disconnected
11-28-2006, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to have some postflop and observational skillz to learn who will give up and who won't and what flops are good for c-bets and which aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming it gets HU on the flop and you have position, what sorts of flops would you not c-bet? Even against a calling station, I would think a modest-but-reasonable c-bet to be profitable, even when you miss. I would think the adjustments are how much to c-bet. Obviously it starts to get trickier the more people you have in the pot with you.

AliasMrJones
11-28-2006, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have to have some postflop and observational skillz to learn who will give up and who won't and what flops are good for c-bets and which aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming it gets HU on the flop and you have position, what sorts of flops would you not c-bet? Even against a calling station, I would think a modest-but-reasonable c-bet to be profitable, even when you miss. I would think the adjustments are how much to c-bet. Obviously it starts to get trickier the more people you have in the pot with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't always get it heads up preflop. When to c-bet is a combination of factors including how many people went to the flop, texture of the flop, looseness/aggressiveness of players. You can adjust your c-bet amount based on the flop, but varying your flop bet based on the strength of your hand is very bad. If I see you making smallish flop bets when you whiff and bigger flop bets when you hit, I'm going to start popping your smallish flop bets with air.

Disconnected
11-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Makes sense. Totally agree that there are a number of factors, but (and this may come from being a limit convert), I couldn't see not making a c-bet if it was HU.

Shaddux
11-28-2006, 05:59 PM
This is my UTG range:

AJo+
ATs+
KQ, KJs+
JTs+
22+