PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible to be a winning player if...

Murd0c
11-28-2006, 11:04 AM
...you never called re-raises without AK, or pairs w/ implied odds pre-flop; You never called a reraise preflop without at least top-two pair or pot-odds to draw to the nuts?

Do you think at Micro-stakes this could still be profitable?

AmonRaa
11-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Yes, up to NL25.

kaz2107
11-28-2006, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...you never called re-raises without AK, or pairs w/ implied odds pre-flop; You never called a reraise preflop without at least top-two pair or pot-odds to draw to the nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol it is gonna b tough to call a reraise preflop with 2 pair or better lol.

but yea that is prolly tru. i think u could prolly beat nl 25 or 4 or 5 bb/100.

the draw back is that u will NEVER get better thus u r kinda stuck at nl25 (might b able to get away with this at nl50 if u have good table selection i guess)

in general u wont make enough doin this to make it worth giving up not getting better. so dont waste ur time. just work and getting better so u can make all the monies /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ChipStorm
11-28-2006, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...you never called re-raises without AK, or pairs w/ implied odds pre-flop; You never called a reraise postflop without at least top-two pair or pot-odds to draw to the nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp

Raises are one thing; reraises are quite another. If you really mean reraises, then at full ring, this sounds like very, very sound strategy. It is certainly a winning strategy at this level. It's not at all far from the way I play. You might be amazed at how much money such a strategy can SAVE you.

Triggerle
11-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Like everything in NL there are a lot of "depends". I often lay down good hands to pre-flop re-raises if it's a short-stacker doing the re-raising because I can't win much from him if I flop a monster and I don't want to invest too much. Also, since I always re-buy and therefore cover the short-stacker I can just wait for a better spot to get my money back alongside with the rest of his stack.

Then again, I often call pre-flop re-raises of short-stackers if I have a read that they play terrible.

Against full stacks I started with the strategy you described and am now gradually expanding my ranges based on rising confidence in my hand-reading.

Edit: 6-max. I play much closer to your strategy full ring.

Gelford
11-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Sure, you would get bored to death and not make an big profit ... but profit, sure ... especially fullring .. and the limit for making a profit as a huge nit is not 25NL, more like 200NL

Ra_
11-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I pretty much uses this stragegy until someone shows me they can 3bet with less that JJ.

Also at nl25 so many people 3bet from $1 to $2.25 or something stupid like that, i call almost all of these.

AliasMrJones
11-28-2006, 03:36 PM
At 25NL, I think this is probably the preferred strategy. Yes, there are exceptions to the rules, but in general following these rules will save a beginning (i.e. NL25) player a lot of money. Rather than force you to make less money, I think these (let's call them) guidelines will help beginning NL players make more money.