PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Trump Classic or Harrahs WSOP circuit??

stephenNUTS
11-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Just wondering if any 2+2 er's are going to the Trump Classic this week or Harrahs WSOP circuit event starting on Dec.9th

Both Championship events are $5000 ,but the Trump Classic(a TWO day event) starts the day BEFORE the WSPOP 5K event at Harrahs........pretty dumb on their parts

Any thoughts?

~stephen f.

stephenNUTS
11-29-2006, 04:42 PM
I guess nobody is going...........

Temp Hutter
11-30-2006, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess nobody is going...........

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping to make it, but it looks like my social coordinator (wife) booked a Christmas party the same weekend. I really like the Trump Classic in terms of structure and field. It will be interesting to see what is going to happen with three larger buy-in tournaments in the same weekend. I believe the Bellagio tournament is overlapping these the two AC tournaments.

stephenNUTS
11-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Hey Temp,

The most glaring conflict is that the Main Event for the Trump Classic is a two day affair starting on Sat.Dec 16th,with the final table/day being Sunday the 17th.

The Harrahs Circuit WSOP Main Event is THREE days starting on Sunday Dec 17th,concluding on Tuesday Dec.19th

You really cant commit to both,unless you play/cash in the TRUMP first(if you final table it,,,,,,,,,,,,,you obviously cant/won't play the WSOP event),then play the following day at Harrahs if you bust at Trump

At 5K each,its kinda'screwd up being back to back IMHO

~stephen f.

Temp Hutter
11-30-2006, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Temp,

The most glaring conflict is that the Main Event for the Trump Classic is a two day affair starting on Sat.Dec 16th,with the final table/day being Sunday the 17th.

The Harrahs Circuit WSOP Main Event is THREE days starting on Sunday Dec 17th,concluding on Tuesday Dec.19th

You really cant commit to both,unless you play/cash in the TRUMP first(if you final table it,,,,,,,,,,,,,you obviously cant/won't play the WSOP event),then play the following day at Harrahs if you bust at Trump

At 5K each,its kinda'screwd up being back to back IMHO

~stephen f.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is worse than that if they run the Trump event like last year. They ended the first day at a set time (midnight maybe?) with no regard to the number of players left in the event. The structure was great for the players and as a consequence I believe we started day 2 with 50 people out of 125 entrants. The money bubble (at 18 I think) did not burst until after the dinner break on Sunday. The final table started sometime around midnight Sunday night and did not finish until about 9AM Monday morning.

It is going to be hard to play in the Harrah's event if you play in the Trump event if it is run the same way as last year.

stephenNUTS
11-30-2006, 04:24 PM
are you kidding..............starting the "FINAL" table at midnite??

No wonder the Taj is getting fewer and fewre participents each year in the USPC as well as The Classic.

~stephen f.

wilsonkop
11-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Anyone know from personal experience if these satellites have been going every night? I might shoot down there during the week to play a sat.

SUPER SATELLITES 3pm & 8pm Daily
$55 + $15 1 in 10 win voucher for $500 + $50 cash
$110 + $20 1 in 10 win voucher for $1000 + $100 cash

stephenNUTS
11-30-2006, 07:35 PM
I would "think" they are running SUPER SAT's everyday up to the M/E.I have not checked or confirmed the times though that you posted.

~sf

betgo
11-30-2006, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know from personal experience if these satellites have been going every night? I might shoot down there during the week to play a sat.

[/ QUOTE ]
They definately run them. I played in a 3PM one when I got there too late for the the PLO8 side event. They had 24 players for 2 seats and cash for 3rd. This was the first day, and they probably get more entries closer to the main event or when you can use the vouchers in the next day's side event.

Don't usually play that low and the early play was extremely bad, sort of online style loose fishy. Was doing fairly well when a pushed at limpers with 7 left with 99 and first limper called with QQ.

They give you vouchers that you can use for $500 or $1000 supersatellites for the main event. These supersatellites run closer to the main events.

You can also use the vouchers for side events of the same price. Last time they had a major tournament, I won a $1000 voucher in a satellite and used it to enter the $1000 side event the next day.

Shizman
12-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Anyone know if you can stack the satellite vouchers and use them to buy into the Main Event?

wilsonkop
12-01-2006, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They definately run them. I played in a 3PM one when I got there too late for the the PLO8 side event. They had 24 players for 2 seats and cash for 3rd. This was the first day, and they probably get more entries closer to the main event or when you can use the vouchers in the next day's side event.

Don't usually play that low and the early play was extremely bad, sort of online style loose fishy. Was doing fairly well when a pushed at limpers with 7 left with 99 and first limper called with QQ.

They give you vouchers that you can use for $500 or $1000 supersatellites for the main event. These supersatellites run closer to the main events.

You can also use the vouchers for side events of the same price. Last time they had a major tournament, I won a $1000 voucher in a satellite and used it to enter the $1000 side event the next day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great info. Thank you.

betgo
12-01-2006, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know if you can stack the satellite vouchers and use them to buy into the Main Event?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, a $500 voucher has to be used for a $500 supersatellite or tournament. There are pros there who will buy them from you for a little less than face value. You can also get pretty much face value from people waiting to register for a $500 MTT or satellite.

TStoneMBD
12-02-2006, 05:32 PM
hi mr nuts, ill be there for both of the tournaments if i bust out of taj day 1. gl to u

does anyone know which field of players should be softer, the taj or harrahs?

stephenNUTS
12-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Hey Michael,

I am thinking of doing EXACTLY what you are doing with regard to both Main Events.I will be arriving to play in the 2 $1k events at the WSOP at Harrahs on Thursday Dec.14th.I will play in the Classic on Sat.the 16th,and if I bust /don't final table it.........I will play in the three day Harrahs WSOP Championship starting on Sunday the 17th.

As far as the "strength" of the field's ,I would imagine with most pro's in L/V,they should both be rather soft IMHO

Hope to see ya' there!!

~stephen f.