PDA

View Full Version : Congress Doing Anything This Decemeber

JoseGonzlez
11-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Or has Christmas come early?

i know they are not going to do anything substantive on online gaming but do they even have to work til January now?

metsandfinsfan
11-28-2006, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Or has Christmas come early?

i know they are not going to do anything substantive on online gaming but do they even have to work til January now?

[/ QUOTE ]

congress is not in session

Berge20
11-28-2006, 12:49 AM
We'll be back for a week...maybe two.

Spending bills (or punting them til next year) will be the priority. I'd be surprised if anything substanative gets done, but there are some rumors that the "study bill" may get passed.

I didnt anticipate that and would have expected that more stuffed into a spending bill, so if we do a continuing resolution I dont see it happening.

Uglyowl
11-28-2006, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
, but there are some rumors that the "study bill" may get passed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, with the same Congress that just passed the current legislation! I am honestly shocked to read that.

Berge20
11-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Take that with a grain of salt, I still think it is a longshot.

I too was surprised to hear it, but considering who I heard it from, it actually might be possible.

MagCFO
11-28-2006, 12:27 PM
I think there are quite a few people in the current congress that voted for the ban, but would also like to see a study.

I don't think everyone who voted for the ban is 100%, no way, never, no how...against online gaming. Some votes were voting to ban online gaming in it's current state, but if an effective regulation could be done, it might be ok.

Berge20
11-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Agreed

Timing and consideration rumors surprised me more than potential passage.