PDA

View Full Version : 10 High Flush draw on flop to aggression

RobBizzle
11-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Did I play this flush draw correctly? It seems like i'm always in these types of situations. I dont really have any reads on him. I think hes a fairly straightforward player though. I think I should have folded somewhere but i'm really not sure where.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($2.78)
UTG ($2.92)
Hero ($2.41)
CO ($1.13)
Button ($2.99)
SB ($5.82)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.06) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.04</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.12</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.2</font>, Hero calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.46) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.2</font>, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($0.86) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.6</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.46

ticks
11-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Some people will tell you to fold preflop, others will tell you to raise.
Few will say limping is fine.
(under certain circumstances limping IS optimal, but this isnt it I think)
If you feel uncomfortable in these kinds of situations you should fold preflop.
Playing drawing hands OOP is an aquired taste, if you get my drift.

Raising this flop is bad.
Your fold equity is low - at these stakes you will rarely see anyone fold a Q.
Also SB could checkraise you which would suck.

BB is being very nice to you though, giving you decent odds.
So the rest of the hand is ok.

RobBizzle
11-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Thanks Ticks I think it is a good idea that I fold these type of hands oop because I think that playing oop is one of the worst parts of my game.

munkey
11-24-2006, 05:21 PM
RobBizzle
playing Sconnectors OOP is hard for anyone- it's probably one of the weaker parts of my game too.

preflop I raise ,or limp if little PFRing behind me and high vpvip stackables (maybe too much -&gt;leak /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

flop: I agree with Ticks FE is small and because it's paired I doubt anyone will fold trip 5s too which is a likely holding for BB.

paired board + non-nut fdraw + no other outs I fold the flop
If we hit our flush we want to put money in but we may be drawing dead to a a FH and/or a higher flush if the pot gets big and end up losing our stack.

ticks
11-24-2006, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[...]or limp if little PFRing behind me and high vpvip stackables (maybe too much -&gt;leak /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]
Throw in some deep stacks and limping can be very +EV indeed.