PDA

View Full Version : 1st 10k hands NL - suggestions to improve my game pls

Radish
11-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi!

Played a half year limit and switched to NL 2 month ago. those stats show my first 10k hands and i am happy for any advices to improve my game.

best wishes!
http://www.wu-wien.ac.at/usr/h00a/h0027176/stats.jpg

Jigsaws
11-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Stats aren't that interesting in NL, but here's some things you might want to look into: completing the SB less, folding your big blind more, limping less (or not at all), getting to showdown a little bit less.

Sir Winalot
11-24-2006, 08:24 PM
If this is 6-max:
steal more, call less, raise more. Play more hands, 10k is not much. Go to pt and check the hands you lose the most with. Find some hands where you lost the most or didn't know what to do, convert and post here.

Radish
11-25-2006, 08:54 AM
yes it is 6max - but i am not sure if stealing at 0.10/0.25 is really profitable? and what do you mean with play more hands? in general or am i a too tight?

avfletch
11-25-2006, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes it is 6max - but i am not sure if stealing at 0.10/0.25 is really profitable? and what do you mean with play more hands? in general or am i a too tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

At these stakes stealing the blinds when its folded to you on the button and generally abusing position to raise preflop and take it down with a cbet on the flop is ridiculously profitable.

Sir Winalot
11-25-2006, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At these stakes stealing the blinds when its folded to you on the button and generally abusing position to raise preflop and take it down with a cbet on the flop is ridiculously profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly, and I said you should play more than 10k hands. Come back when you have 50k.

Radish
11-25-2006, 10:22 AM
i tried that but they call my flop bet very often and how do i proceed than if i have nothing?

Sir Winalot
11-25-2006, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i tried that but they call my flop bet very often and how do i proceed than if i have nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]
c/f. Don't c-bet donks/stations with air.

Mal_Pais
11-25-2006, 10:35 AM
We could all comment on your stats, but Pokey does it the best:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...&PHPSESSID= (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=494666 9&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=)

BukNaked36
11-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Stats look pretty damn good to me Radish. Only thing I'd say is play a few less hands. Congratulations on your winnings and continued good fortune.

Mercman572
11-25-2006, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't know how to react when you are "abusing position" and you find people calling/playing back when your default line doesn't take it down, then maybe you shouldn't do it.

The blanket statement "stealing is very profitable at these levels" is a bit ridiculous if you think about it. Yes, it is profitable if you can read opponents/hands reasonably well post flop. But if you are continously making mistakes once you hit resistance, then this strategy obviously won't be more profitable for you than sticking with what you're doing.

This is Micro Stakes. Just about anything you do that has some +EV is VERY PROFITABLE. You don't have to force yourself to steal more, but can work up to it as you become more comfortable post flop.