PDA

View Full Version : Was my post deleted?

DntRazeMePlz
11-24-2006, 11:05 AM
To whom this may concern,

I made a post earlier inquiring as to who all here played on FTP 25NL 6 Max. It appears to be deleted. I don't see it in the forum any longer and it doesn't show up when I search the posts that I've made (I had 18 posts before this one but when you search my name only 17 show).

I was under the impression that when a thread was deleted, the "shell" was left and a reason was put in as to why it was removed.

If the thread violated site TOS in some way I apologize but I am curious in what way it did this.

Thank you.

Hattifnatt
11-24-2006, 11:06 AM
You stated that a mod could delete it if they wanted.

DntRazeMePlz
11-24-2006, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You stated that a mod could delete it if they wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. It may have been a misperception by me, I thought that if deleted though, a "shell" would remain as to why it ws inappropriate and where it could be posted. So, in retrospect, I was referring more to it being "moved" than completly deleted. This was a mis-communication on my part.

DeathbySuckout
11-24-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't think many people would've replied to in anyway. If you want to know who plays on certin sites, just look at thier converted HHs when they post them. That will usually say where the hand took place. If you want to find out all of the screen names of 2p2 posters on FT, that's probably not going to happen.

I'm sure the reason it got deleted was because it was Off Topic, and post like that should go in the "microbrew" thread.

EMc
11-24-2006, 11:21 AM
when a user deletes a thread the thread still exists. When a mod does, the thread is busto. Generally speaking, threads like that are discouraged as they are just noise and typically belong in microbrew. Also too if you are curious a PM is usually works better than a new thread

DntRazeMePlz
11-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Points taken.

I certainly understand the points in regards to maintaining the signal/noise ratio around here. Apologize for any inconvenience.