PDA

View Full Version : QQ hand

bjarne
11-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Hi,

having played fixed limit for the last two years (succesfully at limits up to $2/4) I decided it is time to check out NL. The FL-games are drying up more and more and bots are taking over. Since I don't have any experience playing NL I read through some of the nice material you have here for people converting to NL (Good stuff).

Being a complete ignorant about NL I also decided to post hands here for comments/flaming.

So my first hand post here is a question how badly I misplayed my QQ.
I consider CO to be the best player at the table.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($71.31)
Button ($31.15)
SB ($21.50)
Hero (BB) ($43.80)
MP ($15.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $5.81</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.87</font>, CO calls $3.31.

Flop: ($18.59) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero calls $43.55 (All-In), CO calls $34.68.

Turn: ($96.82) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($96.82) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $96.82

Question 1: Preflop, should I just call CO:s reraise here or should I push? I suspect the way I played was the worst possible since I will commit the rest of my stack anyway once the flop comes.

Question 2: Given the (possibly bad) preflop play. Was I a moran to push flop?

Flame away /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hattifnatt
11-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Just call the 4-bet from Villian preflop, if you want to reraise, make it 16 or so, a min-reraise here is very bad, especially OOP since it just gives away you probably have a high pair without putting very much more money in the pot or pressure on him.

As played, just make a "normal" bet on the flop of 15 or so. Just open push flops with an overbet like this is about never correct with any hands in any position. A good "rule" when you are starting out is to never ever bet more than the pot size unless at rare occassions on the river, for example when holding a full house on a 4-flush board.

DntRazeMePlz
11-24-2006, 10:08 AM
As already stated, just call the reraise PF (there are exceptions but barring read/history it is typically correct to just call the reraise in this situation).

Also as stated, just lead for ~PSB on flop.

bjarne
11-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanx for the replies, confirming my suspicions.

On the bright side, My hand was good on showdown /images/graemlins/laugh.gif