PDA

View Full Version : C-betting and floating

Ampelmann
11-24-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm a limit player trying a bit NL ...

I guess everyone knows this scenario: We raise with AK or AQ from EP and get one caller that has position on us (and that is not a complete idiot). We flop overs and the flop looks pretty dry (no obvious draws).

We bet 2/3 to 3/4 and get called. What now? Do you always give him credit for something? C/f turn? When/how often do you fire again on the turn? Do you sometimes call down reasonable bets? How big is reasonable?

I know this is all dependent on villain and on the board, but do you have some general hints for a beginner?

Hattifnatt
11-24-2006, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I know this is all dependent on villain and on the board, but do you have some general hints for a beginner?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dont fire second barrels with wiffed overs without a very good reason (read etc) to do so. That is if you are a beginner and are playing low stakes.

DeathbySuckout
11-24-2006, 09:05 AM
It really does depend. If the villain is unknown, I'll see what the turn brings. If I think he's drawing, I'll fire again. If the board is pretty dry, I'll check and hope for a check behind, or fold to anything over 1/2 pot. Then note it and see if this is common for him later. Some people will call your cbet EVERYTIME, no matter what they have. I love these people. But usually at the micros, they're either calling a cbet because they have a hand, or are drawing. Most donks don't know how to float, so I don't worry about that a whole lot.

kazana
11-24-2006, 09:08 AM
Try to avoid getting floated in the first place.

call/raise/fold to cbet in PAHud are your friends.
Combine this with fold turn %, and you should have a pretty clear picture whether a 2nd barrel is a good idea or not.

If villain is a cbet monkey, a flop c/r may be an option, too.

I don't ever call down unpaired hands without very, very good reads.

EMc
11-24-2006, 10:27 AM
look in the sticky for good threads.