PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6max - A7o I backdoor the nutflush - how much to charge?

Everlong
11-24-2006, 07:13 AM
This is a real weird hand. I fire out on flop cause both opponents are total fish playing any hand with an Ace, King or Queen and tons of random [censored]. So MPTK seems like the nuts here.

He calls the flop so I decide to fire another barrel having nutflush outs.

When he calls again I have to put him on a flushdraw/made flush.
Given his fishiness - how much will he call? PSB/ alin?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $8.35
UTG+1: $35.55
CO: $74.95
Button: $69.30
SB: $64.50
Hero: $50.45

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB folds.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.5</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($11.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $?

Jigsaws
11-24-2006, 07:38 AM
Hate firing flop here, though I would fire turn again as played.

I just make it $9 on the river, and hope he has the K or Q of spades.

thac
11-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Something around 7-8 should get a crying call from the Qs and the Ks, assuming they're as donkish as you say they are, is never folding. I'd say 7.5

Hattifnatt
11-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Flop and turn is fine, bet 10 on the river.

Fishy in terms of playing many hands preflop != fishy in paying of a big overbet here with a smaller spade.

On a sidenote:

[ QUOTE ]

Given his fishiness - how much will he call? PSB/ alin?

[/ QUOTE ]
That should not be your reasoning, you should try to figure out what bet size having the best long term EV. Its a good explemantion of this in Sklanskys NL book.

Everlong
11-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks for input everyone. I don't love firing at the flop either fwiw but will do it under these conditions.

[ QUOTE ]

That should not be your reasoning, you should try to figure out what bet size having the best long term EV. Its a good explemantion of this in Sklanskys NL book.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I will look this up. Not gonna pretend I understand wtf you mean /images/graemlins/smile.gif

On the river I made it $10 to go and he called with Ks 9c. I had hoped he'd re-raise allin but I guess he wasnt totally suicidal.