PDA

View Full Version : Standard preflop check

elgatoesme
11-24-2006, 05:42 AM
I appreciate all your thoughts on this sequence. I had not been there long but the table had been relatively quiet so far and I had no reason to suspect fishiness from BB.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
8 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $11.15
UTG+1: $6.30
MP1: $9.65
MP2: $5.50
Hero: $7.20
Button: $5.70
SB: $11.05
BB: $15.15

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1.5</font>, BB folds, Hero folds, Button calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $4.2</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ($11.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $11.9)

River: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($11.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $11.9)

Results:
Final pot: $11.9
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed As Ah</font>

Does anybody fold or limp from CO here?

Any callers with these stacks? How big would the stacks have to be to consider a call?

It is of no relevance but the button mucked j5o here, I must go note him in PT for future reference...

thac
11-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Reload preflop, I don't know if I'd call with this hand unless we were at least 100 bb deep. KJ is dominated too easily by AK and is drawing to 3 outs vs JJ/QQ. If I call, it's because I have position on the reraiser, but with the button in, it makes it even harder to call because KJ does not fare well multiway and you do not know if btn will do something crazy like shove preflop after you call the reraise.

If you know you'll be headsup, you can get your stack in if you hit a flush/straight/trips and you're both sitting on full stacks, call. If not, save your chips for something better.

Hattifnatt
11-24-2006, 08:08 AM
This is fine.

Sir Winalot
11-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Standard.

DeathbySuckout
11-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Except for having a full stack, as someone else said, you played this fine. You would have to hit the perfect flop for this to be profitable, and that's not going to happen often enough to make this call.

CLB
11-24-2006, 10:54 AM
I think your preflop play was perfect. KJs is usually a raising hand if you're opening the action from the CO seat. I would have folded to the blind's reraise as well. I'm almost never calling a reraise with KJ, suited or not.

Re: stack sizes required to make the call: If I'm going to invest 15BB to see the flop with this hand then I'd like the SB to have a 300BB+ stack (atleast 20x the amount I'm calling). Even then, I'd prefer playing T8s to KJs. Another drawback to this particular hand is that you're not closing the action here (button could still do something crazy).